Echoes Of Pain

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by JJ DIAMOND, Aug 15, 2005.

1. JJ DIAMOND

JJ DIAMOND Member

Echoes of Pain
    It happened a long time ago
    When I was a youth.
    This story is about me and it's very
    Important that I tell you the truth.
    One day I was playing
    I hitched a ride on a moving train.
    The next thing I knew, my leg was ripped off
    I felt nothing but pain.
    Blood was everywhere, I didn't know what to do
    I was screaming for help.
    Everything turned black, then I woke up
    I crawled up a hill to save myself.
    When the ambulance came I was all out
    Of breath and nearly dead.
    I woke up two weeks later, not knowing where
    I was, here I lay in a hospital bed.
    Now I wear a prosthetic limb
    This will be with me for the rest of my life.
    I wrote this poem for all the young boys
    Don't play on trains "Take My Advice".

2. Lozi

Lozi Senior Member

wow crumbs, is this true?

3. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

wow, nothing like personal experience.....the risks we take in youth thinking we are invinsible, whew!

4. JJ DIAMOND

JJ DIAMOND Member

Yes its a true story Iwas 11 years old when it happened,however I never let it stop me from accomplishing my goals, I guess I had a long time to master it . I wrote the poem for other kids to warn them to stay off those dam train tracks.

5. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

i had a buddy that i met once at a bar...it was a blues open mic night and i was completely touched by the soul that escaped his harmonica so i took it upon myself to go and meet him. his name was charlie and he was bound to a wheelchair...ok, not bound, cause nothing was gonna bind this free and loving spirit....but in order to manipulate movement he required wheels.....so i got to chatting with him and asked him if he had names his wheelchair(i name everything;)) and he had....wheelchairs name was LEGS. god he was great and a riot.
    he touched me deeply. i met him about 7 years ago...have never seen or heard of him sense but he is forever in my heart simply because he had such a beautiful soul and richness in spite of what we would call a handicap. i see no handicap except the ones we create for ourselves....

so rock on JJ and keep on keepin on....spread your message of love and persistence...without the loss of your leg, your mission in life might not be so clear:)

6. iscreamchocolate

iscreamchocolate Senior Member

that gave me some morbid pictures in my head... very upsetting. Glad you shared that with us. Glad you didn't let that get in the way. Many people wouldn't have that type of will power to just carry on life as usual.

7. JJ DIAMOND

JJ DIAMOND Member

Thank you for the story about your friend, he sounds like a real trooper, like I said before I never let it stop me from doing anything I even made it to black belt in Tae Kwon Do and when I kick, I kick hard,ha ha.

8. JJ DIAMOND

JJ DIAMOND Member

Sorry about the vivid pitchures in your head but some times the truth hurts a little, anyway thanks for your comments and I can dance like a gypsy too.

9. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

ok, i will be sure not to mess with ya;)

10. JJ DIAMOND

JJ DIAMOND Member

Never I would never hurt anyone unless my family was in danger, I know you were only kidding, have a good one sis.

11. iscreamchocolate

iscreamchocolate Senior Member

i was in many martial art classes... I was in cerotie when I was 8.. Brazilian Ju jitsu (BJJ) later on and same with JKD (Jeet Koon Do) and many kickboxing classes... but i don't use it unless i'm about to get raped or my life is in danger.. thats the only time I would use it... here me roar!!! haha.. umm i dunno. now I'm in belly dancing...

12. JJ DIAMOND

JJ DIAMOND Member

Thats great a ass kicking gypsy girl, funny thing I searched my family tree and Im half MAGYAR and alot of MAGYARS were gypsys so I guess I have some gypsy blood in me. Belly Dancing that interesting, you go girl.