Eccentrics.

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Bilby, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Do you know any eccentrics?

2. charbono

charbono Member

Yes, two!

1) A 72 year old named Colleen, whom I lived with for 8 months. She has about 50 cats, 7000 books (in every room of the house), is incredibly fit, does yoga, walks and rides a bike into town to do her shopping (it's a 90-minute walk) and has lived without a fridge or hot water for 13 years!! In her whole life she has never lodged a tax return (has worked only cash-in-hand jobs), has never voted, and refuses to get the pension. Despite this she is educated, opinionated and spends more money feeding the cats than she does herself.

2) My mum. Lives as a recluse, has unopened mail going back to 1993 (garbage bags full). Her garden is like sleeping beauty's - completely overgrown, to the point where it is impossible to get to the front door. The inground pool (which hasn't been cleaned in 12? years) is full of slime, and home to a family of ducks. The water is so black you can't even see the first step. She is completely insane when it comes to use-by dates - there is baby food in her pantry use by 1980! I have also seen her consume a tub of yoghurt over a year out of date. When her jam gets furry mould, she simply slices off the top layer and eats what's underneath. Yuk! Please note I do not resemble my mother in any of these ways (except the overgrown garden)

3. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

how do you define an eccentric?

4. trippedelia

trippedelia wow

I'd say anyone like charbono's posts.
    i dont really know if i know any.. id certainly like to.. maybe i do and im just used to it.

5. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Where I live the high school once had an art teacher who wore a blue head-scarf, a red bandido neck-tie, a tie & dye T-shirt and jeans to work. Many adults thought he was a bit weird but the school students thought he was really cool.