Eating non Organic from time to time?

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by FreshDacre, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Stabby

Stabby Member

Dude I think I know what you need. A plastic bubble! :p

One thing to remember is that the body eliminates a lot of unwanted and hamful things. There are many things that don't get absorbed, many things that get eliminated by the liver and kidneys and much of what doesn't get physically removed gets neutralized by the liver and immune system, there are many things that you will sweat out and a lot of the time it's not big deal anyway. I wouldn't worry about the occasional inorganic meal. You're doing better than the vast majority of people. If your internal organs and protective systems are supplied with adequate nourishment and support (doesn't appear to be a problem with you) the small amount of junk that you're eating won't really have a tangible effect. You know which things to avoid like the plague no matter what and which to just avoid most of the time.

If you're really that paranoid you should look into two supplements to take. Chlorella and Milk thistle. Go!

2. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

persistence is key.

now go plant a cherry tomato plant!

cherry tomatoes are bitchin'!

try plum and grape tomatoes too!!!

3. LucidOne

LucidOne Member

lol I sometimes feel guilty when I eat inorganic also. I feel like I'm betraying my principles. Sometimes its unavoidable, like when attending a family meal (when the family doesn't eat organic food). As others suggested previously, I'm trying to realize that its not a huge deal to eat unorganic from time to time. Its certainly better than eating 100% unorganic!

4. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

5. liberer

liberer Member

it would be hard to say if these one offs would effect you or not because they can't even directly prove that those who eat it every day are being effected.. although, we know it is, just look at the statistics of diseases that are rising up and, well, i'm sure you know why since you seem to be a aware of good food.

keep this in mind: it took studies started in the 50s all the way over to the 80s to prove any small direct link between smoking and cancer... hmm

6. dead_head_0000

dead_head_0000 Member

Isn't somebody completely full of themselves... I don't eat much organic food because it's ridiculously expensive, most of the organic, all natural shit they spray on their foods is not regulated and can be far more harmful to people and the environment than these man made pesticides. Also if the whole world went organic there wouldn't be anywhere near enough food to feed everyone (unless maybe everyone was a vegetarian) because it produces significantly less food, and some of it does not survive do to pests. Organic food is a scam and you fell for it hard. Have fun thinking you are better than everyone because you fell for stupid propaganda.

Also someone in the thread said they felt guilty for not eating organic, and you are supposed to. Organic food is a huge money maker so you get fear mongered into buying it. They wan't to scare people into thinking non organic is evil, and that organic is better for you so that way they can charge 4X the price for a tomato.

7. The Chinaman

The Chinaman Member

Wise words there. It annoys me how some dickheads are all precious and virtuous about eating so called organic foodstuffs - Pesticides, pollution etc are in the fucking water table anyway, so paying top dollar for organic food is not only obscenely decadent but entirely pointless as well.

8. liberer

liberer Member

why do you think it is pointless? 50 years ago there was no such thing as pesticides, herbicides etc. being sprayed all over your food, and highly processed foods were not part of any persons diet.. the term organic wasn't used on foods because all food was organic. you don't think that perhaps it isn't just 'dickheads' having morals (which i also ask why is that a bad thing?) that are trying to act high and mighty by choosing not to eat food that is sprayed with numerous chemicals numerous times and genetically modified so that it will last longer. it is also amazing to wonder over the fact that the soil is so unhealthy that at some point it will no longer be able to produce crops... and that weeds are mutating and evolving so that the sprays used to kill them don't even have an effect anymore, and so all they do is use harsher sprays? i think when it comes to what you're putting into your mouth and essentially your entire body, it is a very important issue to care for.

9. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Word liberer! I dont trip nearly as hard as i used to about this i used to be like strictly organic, now money budget is more of an issue and i tend not to think about what i eat as much anymore when it comes to organic or not :\
    I still buy organic whenever i can tho and completely still back up the whole idea ;)
    Organic bodies ROCK ONN ! :D