Eating Animals

Discussion in 'Non-Fiction Books' started by TheTruthAndPeaceSeeker, Jul 4, 2010.

1. TheTruthAndPeaceSeeker

TheTruthAndPeaceSeeker Member

Hello

This book called "Eating Animals" by Jonathan Safran Foer is a book written about factory farms. It shows facts about factory farming is a real eye opener to Animal Rights. My suggestion would be read this book and then go watch the video "Meet Your Meat". Reading the book gave you a picture of what happens in your mind but the video was worse than I could picture.

2. haha_wintaaa

haha_wintaaa Member

Try watching Earthlings. If that doesn't make you vegetarian/vegan, nothing will. Lol

3. TheTruthAndPeaceSeeker

Thanks I'll have to check into that it seems it is gonna be real neat but sad. But I rather see the truth then, trying to protect myself by being ignorant.

4. haha_wintaaa

haha_wintaaa Member

It's pretty horrifying. I had to watch it in segments because it upset me so much. So, if you get quesy easily, I wouldn't watch it. Animals are getting skinned alive and shit.

5. TheTruthAndPeaceSeeker

I just finished watching it, it was sad and really made me think about going vegan instead of just vegetarian.

Thanks

6. haha_wintaaa

haha_wintaaa Member

No problemo

7. Elijah

Elijah Member

as opposed to all the chemicals used in farming produce or having to pay a bunch extra for anything labeled organic?

8. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

You only have to look on the net for a video that shows the conditions of factory farms, and how they treat the animals to stop eating meat. Or at least have a terrible conscious when you do.