Eat to live

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by ButterCup, May 26, 2006.

1. ButterCup

ButterCup Member

what do you think about it?.. have you ever read the book?

2. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

havent read it, just put in a request from my library

from the amazon reviews, it looks like it would be inadequate in protein, which ultimately leads to high insulin levels. But the reviews also say that it encourages lots of veggies, so that's a point in its favour

ornish is affiliated with the book. he's the 'fat is bad' guy. i dont agree with him, his theories are just stupid. our brain cells are made up of fat, if you dont eat enough fat your brain will starve!!

3. ButterCup

ButterCup Member

It's kind of a Vegan raw food diet.. when you do read it let me know what you think...

4. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i wont have time to read it in depth, i have a zillion other books related to autism that i really need to read. besides, if it has an antifat, antiprotein bias, i'm honestly not all that interested...that's the kind of diet that got me into all kind of imbalanced hormonal problems in the first place. might work for other pple, but not for me.

ps, i did go thru a phase of checking out raw vegan diet books to find soy-free dairy substitutes, so i'll give it a quick skim and see if anything stands out for me

cheers!