Eastern Haze Festival

Discussion in 'UK Parties and Protests' started by Peace-Phoenix, Apr 2, 2007.

1. island dweller

island dweller I Love Wind

I now got a ticket! Wooooo! now your not going to be a "billy no-mates" sal!

2. island dweller

You all missed out on quite a nice little festival, classed as the "Suffolk's answer to woodstock" *as quoted in a local paper.

Apart from the horrendous cock up with the organisation for thursday, the rest of the weekend went with relative nicety with some great bands: Levellers, Chris Green, Bootleg Beatles and many more that I'm afraid I've forgotten. Even befriended some chavs who camped next to us, they were a great laugh and is what the festival should of represented, different people from different groups getting on in one big community.

unfortunately the weekend did have its problems, cars being allowed in the campsite was irritating, a few people deciding to blast drum 'n' bass out of their car stereos at 2am was bit too much and a group of chavs causing havoc according to one security official, the same ones that may have beat someone up on the last night apparently. Not to mention someone dying in the drum and bass tent.

But I guess you don't ever get everything spot on everytime, apart from the problems, it is definitely worth going to, cheap at £65 (almost wasn't quite worth it, but heres hoping next year for sure) 7 stages, different music, great East Anglian scenery. Next year they will hopefully tighten up the security, the stewards and the portaloo fiasco that was in our campsite:

Thursday: 3 portaloos
    Friday : 7 portaloos
    Saturday: 9 portaloos
    Sunday : 3 portaloos (1 of which was just too minging to use)

3. katyismename

katyismename Member

fuck how did someone die in the drum and bass tent?

4. island dweller

Some 40year old had a heart attack just outside it apparently, they still don't know if it was drug related or just an unfortunate tragedy...

5. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

Im glad you had a good time intended going to it but couldnt