easter island

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by ihmurria, Sep 9, 2005.

1. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

had 12 tribes on it, once upon a time. pretty freakin small for 12 tribes

and they used up all their wood, got hit by a drought, and didn't have anything to build boats with. suckers.

2. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

funny you should mention easter island. in my anthropology class that i had they talked a lot about easter island in the beginning of the book and compared it to present day modern socities like the u.s.- not in size.... but in their technology and how they used up all the resources that they had because they werent wise with them.

3. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

i'm watching a tv special on it right now :D but yeah, I remember my beginning arch class taught us that the people on easter island used up all their wood. They used more than they should've, but htey also got hit by a huge freakin drought, according to this show... if the drought hadn't happened, they probly would've been around longer

4. interval_illusion

hmmm i didnt know that but then again, i also forget a lot of things easily....

5. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Yeah, we're about to be suckers too, when the oil runs out. We're gonna be fucked royally.

6. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

eh, i only remember this useless shit because i like archaeology. I was gonna major in it when i started in uni, though i've since changed my major into something i can make a little money with

7. interval_illusion

i really like anthropology.... but if i was gonna go into it id prolly go more w/ the social aspects of it...

that way it would kinda line up with all the psych and soc. classes ive taken....

8. hehe, the metaphor is funny.....

horrifying and funny

so will our drought be a meteor hit?

9. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

howd they build those damn statues???? seriously. thats what I want to know

10. interval_illusion

i dont think anyone knows.....