Early Celebrity Crushes

Discussion in 'People' started by James_T._Kirk, Sep 3, 2018.

1. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

All the ladies from my mother's record collection. These were the 1st womynz i had impure thoughts about

the quirky and fun Jun Togawa
    [​IMG]
    She had a very unique style. She was a little too quirky to find much mainstream success. Some songs sounded very much like typical 80s city pop other stuff was a bit more experimental. But her lyrics were off the wall. The music was catchy and cute but the lyrics were often about some extreme subject matter. She was in someways the sonic equivalent to ero guro art

Meiko Kaji
    [​IMG]
    A Japanese singer and actress she was in most of my favorite cult movies. You may not recognize her or most of her music but I bet most of you have heard her most famous song

Akina Nakamori
    [​IMG]
    Her 1st single was banned in a lot of places as the lyrics depicted a Lolita type 17 year old girl who's frustrated that grown men still see her as a girl and not as a woman. She's desperate to have sex with a man but they still just see her as a child. I was singing this for years before I knew what it was about. Songs are always vague and cryptic and I'm bad with interpreting them. Especially when they are in another language

Miki Matsubara
    [​IMG]
    Miki found some mainstream success in the west. I think most people are familiar with her song "Stay with Me" Anywayz this image alone got her some love from the lesbian communities (I have no idea of she was queer or not) but sadly Miki passed away at 44 from cervical cancer. Yasu ya sura ka ni o nemu nemuri kudasai

And then there is Akiko Wada. For 50 years she has maintained that she is in fact heterosexual but regardless she has became something of a Japanese "Dycon" (not to be confused with daikon, a radish :) )
    [​IMG]
    Ako is one of the most beautiful people male or female on earth. She fueled my earliest fantasies and when I saw her in the movie Alleycat Rock: Female Boss (Japanese cult cinema is the absolute best) I knew I had feelings for girls that were considered "weird." If she doesn't get you on looks alone her voice will win you over. She has this sultry unique voice that was very deep for woman, adding to the myth that she was queer. Songs like Kanashi Uta make me feel both like a total boss and a giggling idiot with school girl crush. Japan's never been really anti gay but they're not really accepting of it either. The problem is that unlike in America there is no national dialogue about these kinds of things. People aren't exactly against gay anything but they're not for it either because they're not really aware of it. It's just not talked about. Most conversation in Japan is incredibly superficial. And that's today. In the 1970s, being an openly queer musician/actress was probably career suicide. It's possible she suppressed her sexuality because virtually every lesbian is sure she plays for our team. Or maybe we just want her to so badly that we run with it. Still an unknown in the West, Ako is put on a pedestal by lesbians living in Japan. She has queer icon status for life, regardless of sexuality.

besides, I mean...
    [​IMG]

She looks great!

parua, Eric! and tumbling.dice like this.
  2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Margaret O'Brien, Jean Tierney and Lauren Bacall

tumbling.dice likes this.
  3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

good thing indeed, if you had made that choice you would have missed out on all that tatum sex you've been having over the years.

4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Back when people had class...

[​IMG]

5. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

ohhhh my first crush was on Matt Dillon in that movie, little darlings.. I remember me and my friends rewinding to watch the kiss over and over at the boat house. Lol. None of us had ever been kissed.

hotwater likes this.
  6. Beach Ball Lady Balls

I feel weird posting guys In here, all seem to be females, but in that movie I was not big on John travolta, I thought that Jeff Conaway was cute.

parua likes this.
  7. Beach Ball Lady Balls

My very first celebrity crush was in kindergarten, I thought I was an alien so I was in love and planned on marrying one, one day. It was Marvin the Martian. Lol
    . D48D6122-EC90-47CD-9EFC-5B61AE037BC9.jpeg

Piobaire, parua and Eric! like this.
  8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Do you doubt my ability at 10 years old to lure a then 22 year old Tatum O'Neal away from the glamour of Hollywood, to my parents posh but not overly ostentatious home outside of Boston, so she could be
    charged with sexual assault on a minor?

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

30 years ago? i think she would probably have been fine, legally.

[​IMG]

hotwater likes this.
  10. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

Laurie Partridge 800px-The_Partridge_Family_Susan_Dey_1970.jpg

11. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, Linda Ronstant!!

12. Eric!

stevie nicks

image.jpeg

13. parua

parua Members

In early high school, I had a girlfriend who had the hots for Conaway, when he acted in the tv show Taxi.

14. Beach Ball Lady Balls

yes taxi, what a great show that was. WKRP was another good one.

parua likes this.
  15. Beach Ball Lady Balls

I saw her in a tv series not long ago. She never changes. Has aged really well.

I was wondering when she would be brought up, I always thought she was pretty when I was little. Been waiting for someone to mention Shawn Cassidy.

Jo King and Eric! like this.
  16. Eric!

That’s spot-on, Pete!!

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  17. Eric!

18. Eric!

She didn’t age very well