Earliest Nightmare..

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Slunted, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Slunted

Slunted 'long time listener, first time caller'

Yeah guess Im reaching with that question. Well lets hope this life is a safer run.

2. I've had nightmares about Frankenstein and Dracula, but no other movie monsters.

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The first nightmare I can ever remember involved falling into a dry well with a spike at the bottom

I woke up just before being impaled - I think I was around 5 years old

4. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

the ONLY real nightmare i ever had was when i was 7 or 8 maybe
    and there was a railway line going through the building where i lived.. it was an old mill turned into apartments so there were these communal entrance bits.
    a railway line coming out of one of those and going through a shared outside space.
    and there was this giant chicken. i thought her chick had been run over by the train for some reason, and i said so..
    she gave me this chilling look and said "no, that was *younger brothers name*"
    it was just the most horrific moment. the look it gave me.

but other than that, i don't really experience emotion in dreams at all, so even when "bad" stuff happens, i'm never really scared.
    it never feels nightmareish.
    more often, i just feel vaguely confused..

5. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I was about six years old, and would have recurring nightmares that my mom and dad were animals. Like they looked somewhat human, walked erect, but were animals. Like they resembled wolves/bears, all in one. It wasn't particularly scary, but I'd wake up in a panic, as I recall. It's still a dream that stands out to me, even more so than dreams I may have had last week or something. Must signify something. My dad used to beat me as a kid (he has since apologized and we're ''good'' now) and I wonder if as a kid, I felt shame and like no one knew that secret, but me and my parents. And it caused me to feel really different from other kids, even though they could have been experiencing the same things. I never told anyone, then.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I was being chased by the Easter Bunny through the streets of London and when he caught me he stabbed my ankle with a tack

I was like 4 when I had that nightmare
    Stupid ol' Easter Bunny

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

:(

8. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Yea, it was sad, and it caused me to stop speaking to my dad for a while. Not until about 4 years ago, did we start speaking again, after many apologies on his part. We're actually good now. Forgiveness is a powerful thing, and not to forgive someone who is truly remorseful, that would seem like a bad way to go through life.

Meliai likes this.
  9. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

I'm not sure what my actual first nightmare was, but I do remember having nightmares about being stalked by a terminator after watching the film. I even once (in later childhood) had a dream about being held captive by a relatively nice terminator made from liquorice allsorts!

10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Earliest nightmare I recall is being chased by a giant snake and there were these holes in the ground, some of which I kept tripping over as I was running and some of which I had to go down into to get to the other side of ground. The snake moved super slowly but I never seemed to gain any ground on it.

11. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

weird that it was London.. why?
    had you been there?

i think you are right. not easy to do though.. for some, holding onto grudges can be a way to keep excusing the negative effect something had on their life.
    very healthy and wise that you were able to make things okay.

you must have been going super slowly too then.
    it sounds like a computer game.

Deidre likes this.
  12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

It does sound like a computer game.

I was running fast, I just kept tripping or had to slow down to get between holes.

13. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Our subconscious minds play the craziest tricks on us. lol

Adamskiffle likes this.
  14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm not sure, I'm assuming some book or movie from my childhood that was set in London

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

But I remember very clearly it was a foggy street at night filled with old townhomes and I just knew it was London

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i have no idea what my earliest nightmare was, but i had a rather unpleasant dream last night where one of my high school friends was getting married and i was supposed to be the best man, but i drank too much before the wedding and slept right through the ceremony. there was actually a part of the dream where i found him afterward and apologized profusely. and being the good guy he always was, he didn't really complain, but it still wasn't ok.

then somehow, because that's how dreams work, everyone ended up in some sort of a prison shower situation. not like a homosexual drop-the-soap sort of thing, just somehow we were all in a communal shower and couldn't really go elsewhere. because, you know, dreams are weird.

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I am highly sceptical that you remember a dream when you were 4 years old

18. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Do you remember a significant event that happened at that young age before those nightmares occurred?

19. Eric!

Easy to say when you aren't having those same dreams:D

Slunted likes this.
  20. Eric!

Dude, I remember some weird dreams I used to have when I was that young because it was also reoccurring

hotwater likes this.