ear stretching

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by crazyfairie, Aug 20, 2005.

1. crazyfairie

crazyfairie Member

[​IMG] I have 12 gauge rings in my ears right now. I was just wondering how far can they be stretched in one sitting. I think I can probably fit a 10 gauge ring in it, but what is normal for the stretching process. anyone have any answers?

2. skankleft

skankleft Member

Don't skip gauges! You'll pay for it later, even if it doesn't get infected you can get torn lobes and such. So many immpatient people make the mistake of skipping gauges because they get all excited abot stretching. Go one gage at a time until each new stretch heals.

Trust me..

3. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

yes dont skip gauges,well you can but unless its done buy a piercer who knows what they are doing dont,ive riped the inside of ear like twice and riped out the skin around my piercing by gauging with the wronge type of plug,blood everywhere and me pulling off hanging skin then having to clean it, then it looking realy weird for a week then have to gauge it again, wasnt a fun time,you should porbably wait 2 week before gauging again

4. stormyy

stormyy Member

Go up one size at a time, wait at least a month between stretches, and massage your lobes a few times a week with olive oil or vitamin E oil. The better you treat your ears now, the better they will look later on.

I went from gunned holes (that I've had since I was about 3 months old) to 00 gauge over the course of about 3 years. I massage my lobes with an olive oil based salve i got from Sacred Grove Apothacary every day, and I never ever wear acrylic jewelry.

5. deadonceagain

whast wronge with acrylic?

6. skankleft

skankleft Member

Acrylic is cheap and can irritate (expecially newly) stretched ears.

7. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

no but they can dermal punch it to any size you want...stretching if done right will take about a year to get to 00 gauge....what size do you want them?

8. sweetdreadlover

absolutely untrue...acrylic is the most hypoallergenic material you can use in your stretched ears.

9. paintballer687

paintballer687 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I stretched my ears from 18 gauge to 2 gauge in a month without any problems, but I really don't reccomend it at all. I skipped from 18 to 8 at once without any tears or blow outs and minimal bleeding but it hurt like a bitch for a week... You can go fast if you want, but do it slowly if you want it done right.

10. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

AMEN.

That's all I have to say. I really fucked my ear up trying to skip gagues. Went from a 12 to 8 and it did not go over well...

When it healed up I could barely fit a regular earring in it.

11. skankleft

skankleft Member

Me too.... twice :confused:

12. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Me three. Fucking sucks.

13. crazyfairie

crazyfairie Member

I just want to make them a little bigger. I have kind of a small head, so I don't know if I should make them so huge. On the other hand, maybe fuck it. My brother has double zeros in his ears, and I think they look awesome. the only thing that sucks with his is that they smell fuckin' nasty. But I suppose that is normal??? Who knows. I'm just going to give it a try, and see how it goes. I have taken out all of my other facial piercings, so I may as well go hog wild with the ears, right?

14. kayahaze

kayahaze Member

I'm stretching my ears bigger they're at an 8 right now. It smells like cottage cheese when you stretch them. I don't eat cottage cheese anymore.

15. stormyy

stormyy Member

Acrylic is NOT the most hypoallergenic thing you can put in your body.It scratches easily, allowing bacteria and other irritants to collect in the piercing, it is not autoclavable, and you cant use alcohol on it because it will MELT. Implant grade surgical stainless steel is relatively (not completely) hypoallergenic, and medical grade pyrex glass is probably the most inert material anyone could use in a piercing.

16. stormyy

stormyy Member

Oh, the ear cheese will lessen or go even go away if you wear organic materials (like bone, horn, stone or wood) or glass.

17. sweetdreadlover

well as a proffessional i knowwhat i am talking about...acrylic is autoclavable, if you know what your doing and stainless steel is irratating to a newly stretched ear...ive taken classes on this and have done myself many times, i know exactly what i am talking about :)...glass is very highly chippable and can cause abrasions, wood can cause nasty flare ups and horn or bone can also be chippable leaving fragments of the material behind in the piercing. acrylic will not do these things and is by far the best choice when choosing jewelry.

18. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Gauges smell like butthole. Fucking gross. Heh. I stick a q-tip dipped in alcohol-based perfume that I made through my earlobes every week or so. It helps a bit.

19. deadonceagain

natural ear rings like wood cuts down on smell soooooooo much

20. deadonceagain

what about stone i had stone earings,they where four gauges and i loved them i tinhk im going to buy some (if i cant find them)in 0