Dying Sea Lions Washing Up On Southland Beaches

Discussion in 'Endangered Species and Ecosystems' started by Resistance isn't futile, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Resistance isn't futile

Resistance isn't futile Member

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

What I'm reading is:

"'Unusual Mortality Event' Declared In Calif. Sea Lion Deaths
    Federal officials have declared an "unusual mortality event" after hundreds of California sea lion pups have been stranded in Southern California."

3. Resistance isn't futile

I know it said that I should leave some sort of synopsis or commentary. But for this sort of event there really is nothing that be said that won't invariably diminish the impact with a lot of useless noise.

4. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This is a big issue in my community right now.
    The Children's Pool was built in a popular mating and birthing place for seals. Unfortunately because of development it is now their only place in the area. Yet people are fighting AGAINST protecting the seals from development and harassment because they say, "it's our beach, they can go somewhere else" and horriflying things like this have been happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGssCDaShv0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGssCDaShv0

We have all the other beaches; this is the only place they have left!

5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The webmaster here told me that if you don't say something, then it violates the copy write on the article.

6. Resistance isn't futile

What commentary can possibly be offered?

Should I comment on how every creature on this planet has an inalienable right to existance?

Or perhaps I should use this as a moment to explain how that the evidence of the purity and the correctness of truth can only be seen when it's absent. Because when truth is absent, there is only perversion.

Or perhaps I should offer a prayer asking for mercy for the seals from whatever greater power may or may not gouvern this existance.

Or perhaps I should go give myself the title of conspiracy theorist by pointing out that there's a 900-mile-long “front” of most contaminated water from Fukushima Daiichi moving across Pacific. ( http://enenews.com/graphic-900-mile...water-fukushima-daiichi-moving-across-pacific )

Or perhaps I could ramble and type more "perhaps I should" rhetoric.

No I'm going to point out that the greatest crime of any tragedy isn't commited by its actual perpetrator... It's commited by indivduals that claim to care and still do nothing.

I hope that satisfies the requirements of the article's copyright

7. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I live in SoCal, and we're seeing this a lot; we're getting a lot of starved, sickly, injured baby seals. Why? Mom is unable to feed them? Something else?
    Especially wth all the controversy around Children's Beach in La Jolla, California, and whether or not it belongs to the seals or the humans.
    I say for gawdsake we've taken everything else, this is one of the few places they have to mate and give birth and rest, just let them keep it, it belonged to them first, we've taken enough.