DXM Question

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by DXM, Jan 22, 2005.

1. DXM

DXM Member

Hi, everybody, I just have a little question to ask here. Well, I do dxm alot, and most of the trips that I do, I really can't remember what happends. I just want to know, how I can fix this little problem that I am having. And if there is a fix, can someone plese help me. Thanx.

2. juggla

juggla Member

i do dxm alot too, some times ill write what im thinking about in a journal while tripping, when i read it later on it usually jogs my memory. forgetfulness is the 1 thing i dont love about dxm, keep on trippin' and repn' the dextromethorphan.

3. juggla

juggla Member

double post , oops

4. akbal

akbal Member

I am told that it becomes easier to remember DXM trips after a couple of years of regular use. I have had some success with voice recordings in the second and third plateus. It helps to have a friend there to talk to while you're tripping. I have found that it is often easier to remember what my friend tells me while I'm tripping, then it is to remember the fine details of my own trip. And usually it seems to work both ways. Not sure what other people's experiences are in this area though.

5. xanax

xanax Member

do it with someone

6. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

I don't know if using DXM 'regularly' is such a good idea. Allowing at least one week per plateau is pretty sound advice.

It can be really lame to dose and then realize you're in a not-so-nice environment with little or nothing to do. You can make the trip more worthwhile by figuring out some things to do on the trip before you do it. Meditation is good. So is tripping with friends. Try to take notes, if you are able to write while tripping (sometimes it can be very difficult to write while on DXM).

7. akbal

akbal Member

For clarification, "regular usage" to me does not mean every day or even every week. As I have explained in other posts, I dex about once a month, sometimes a little more or a little less. That is regular use. Anyone who dexxes everyday needs to investigate why they don't have a life.

8. smlchance

smlchance Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I think the comment about ppl not having a life came across as too harsh. I bet you didn't mean it, but i can understand it bothreing someone. I could see myself dosing daily at some point. I hope I don't but it could happen to anyone.

9. oOflyeyesOo

oOflyeyesOo Member

DXM, I have learned to be a waste of time. But then I have done it way way over 100 times....

10. akbal

akbal Member

Wow! Such angry responses, I must have hit a nerve. FYI, I neither drink nor smoke. Also, I don't think using _any_ drug once or twice a month qualifies as an addiction, but you are of course entitled to your opinion. If you have used DXM and got nothing out of it, well then it didn't work for you. That doesn't mean nobody else has learned from it. Your experiences do not define other's experiences. Was my comment harsh? Well.... honestly I don't want to live my life scared that every comment I make might offend someone. DXM is a very powerful drug that drastically alters your perception. If you use it every day you are almost certainly addicted. If you are addicted you need to seek help. I do apologize if it came across as rude. I was not trying to be rude. I was stating my opinion, that is all. Once again, you are certainly allowed to hold another opinion. Your opinion does not affect me in any way. Even your opinion that I am just another drug addict or what have you. Forums are supposed to be a place where people can express their opinions in a _peaceful_ manner. Please don't yell at me again, MidnightMoonlight, it's unecessary.

11. akbal

akbal Member

Since you volunteered the info: According to Erowyd, 1/3 of DXM users hate it or get nothing from it, 1/3 like it ok but not enough to form a habit, 1/3 like it alot. You decide where you're at in that spectrum.

In my humble opinion the point of using any psychedelic drug is to open your mind so that you can become a more balanced, peaceful, and content person. When this happens, you no longer need drugs, alcohol, or nicotine to keep the stress down because you begin to consciously place yourself in better positions in life. (Using drugs/alcohol/nicotine as stress control will lead to addiction.) If DXM or any other drug does not produce a different way of looking at life, if it does not help you become a better person, perhaps you should look more carefully at other methods such as yoga and tantra and meditation.

One could also point out that blaming employers, drugs, family, friends, government, or anything else for your personal problems is neither accurate nor productive. Every choice you make in life is precisely that: Your Choice. Some choices are easy to make, but they may also put you in a bad situation. other choices are harder to make, because the path they take you on is extremely difficult, but choosing these paths may teach you something you need to know. If something is unethical, walk away from it. If a drug is causing addiction, walk away, seek help, whatever.

You speak of addiction. I used to be addicted to alcohol. Though I'm sure there are many worse cases, I think waking up to a beer and drinking a 12 pack a day qualifies. It was my use of Marijuana that made me realize what I was doing to myself. It was my use of DXM that motivated me to stop.

Anyhow, you can draw your own conclusions. Pick apart my argument. Hate me or think me an ass. Meh. I think I'm done with this forum.

12. robostiltzkin

robostiltzkin Member

Don't do so much and you'll remember everything just fine. Assuming you do more than sitting on the couch, staring at the wall.

***DISCLAIMER***

Nothing stated in previous, current, or subsequent messages or postings should be construed as evidence of previous, current, or future intent to violate, or any violation of, any federal, state, or local laws. All information posted is for entertainment purposes only, and should be considered entirely fictional. Author does not endorse the consumption of any substances specifically prohibited by federal, state, or local laws, or their chemical analogues, nor approves of research by unqualified individuals or minors.