dxm: please help

Discussion in 'Synthetic Drugs' started by ninjaGear, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

go for it! isnt it dirt cheap?

2. akbal

akbal Member

It is quite possible you simply can't metabolize it. It seems this is a fairly common problem, though as I understand most of the time the people in this situation experience little or no effect from the drug. The drug just passes through without doing much at all. I'm curious to see how you're feeling now that several days have passed.

3. ninjaGear

ninjaGear Member

i'm feeling good now akbal, thanks for asking. it took 7 days to come down, then i felt blue for a couple of days but now i'm myself again in mind and spirit.

the experience has changed me though. i feel calmer than i did before. it has helped to put certain things in my life into perspective.
    i'm glad it happened to me. i'm also glad it's over now and i have a chance to take something positive from it. but i dont think i'll be trying dxm again for quite some time. besides, i got some blotter today :)

seriously though, this drug needs more research because these extreme long lasting side effects are very interesting. maybe dxm should be in a class of its own. it's certainly a world away from ketamine or pcp.

be careful, folks. you only get one head.

4. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

do some research on erowid. this is a case of a simple enzyme defficiency in the liver. The enzyme to break down DXM simply does not exist in a certain ratio of people ( i forget what it is 1in 5 maybe????) i wouldnt recommend trying DXM again (obviously).
    i can take 1.5g and I dont even feel that much anymore. i abused the shit outa DXM when i was younger and it was on the net.

5. ninjaGear

ninjaGear Member

i thought it was more like 2% of people lacked the enzyme but i'm not sure that's what caused my spin.

maybe it was some sort of HPPD (hallucinogen persisting perception disorder)
    i guess i should save that blotter for a while. there seems to be some kind of link between DXM, LSD and HPPD at least from some of the reports i've read.

6. akbal

akbal Member

I'm glad you're feeling better. You are definitely in the minority for such extreme reactions to DXM. But since you seem to have other options in the area of psychedelics, there's no reason for you to feel left out. Although DXM works great for me, if I could get LSD or (even better) peyote I would certainly choose to use those instead. I plan to try Salvia as an alternative since drinking syrup or popping gelcaps en masse is getting more difficult with each trip (and every possible powder supplier I have tried has fallen through). I've read also that in many cases DXM is far less effective after 50 trips or so. I _think_ I read that on erowyd, though don't quote me on that. Anyhow, take care of yourself, glad you came down alright. Peace :)