DUDES, acid changes your marijuana trips forever and makes them "psychedelic"

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by D3lit3, Jan 26, 2012.

1. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I continue to find this interesting, and your response seems pretty well thought out so I'll ask you some questions that may help me understand this denial perspective. So, You even go so far as being able to note that the weed high signficiantly changed following your LSD use, yet it didn't reach a level of 'tripping' and you can't wrap your head around how it may cause some individuals to full on trip. It's wild to me that supposedly open minded acid heads have trouble admitting the possibility that it may effect certain individual in such a way.

I've done LSD, mushrooms, Mescaline, DMT, Salvia, Ketamine, 2cx and numerous other psychedelics and I definitely can say I tripped on Weed following psychedelic use.

PTSD is a well documented phenomena, the Placebo effect is a well documented phenomena, This weed effect becoming more intense almost seems like some sort of mix I guess. Anyways what part of this tripping off weed phenomena is hard for you to accept? Like do you believe it defies some sort of pharmalogical action? do you believe it's indicative of some other sort of personality trait or something? Because having experienced tripping off weed after an Acid trip it's difficult for me to really grasp how someone who has experienced a legitimate LSD trip could be so closed minded about the possibility of this happening.

2. oceanicbliss

oceanicbliss Member

Firstly I'm not in denial, don't assume you know me at all .

Secondly it's hard to debate with someone like yourself that already thinks they know the answer to something .

Thirdly, you will see I am just sharing my personal experiences and have stated a couple of times that their may be a chance some out there can trip off weed . I am not closed minded enough to think you can or can not .

Now, it all depends what you term as tripping .

I have had thousands of very trippy experiences on Marijuana, but not in the way you trip on LSD, I could also understand how much more inexperienced cosmonauts may have thought those experiences were tripping, but they weren't, they were just trippy weed experiences, there is a difference .

I imagine when talking about tripping here we are talking about tripping LSD style .

So no I do not think you can trip on Marijuana like you do on good LSD .

They are totally different types of tripping .

I don't know what to say, it all depends on what level and what kind of tripping you are talking about here .

Take five tabs of really well made LSD and try to tell me you can emulate that experience on marijauna, you can't it as simple as that .

I'm not saying you can't trip on marijauana, I'm just saying you can't trip on marijuana like you can on LSD, they act completely differently with the chemistry in your brain .

3. krozar

krozar Member

I've had some intense weed smoking the day after doing PCP or DXM. The OEVs were still very minor though, similar to those of smoking good weed the first time such as waveyness, doors appearing to buckle inwards, etc. Most of the hallucinations were auditory but still wasn't as good as when I first smoked good weed.

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Woah... I certainly don't think I know the answer to this phenomena. If I did think that, I wouldn't have asked you those questions. However, I am experienced with many different psychedelics and have taken 5 hits of quality LSD before and have had numerous experiences with 5 gram mushrooms trips, breakthrough DMT, Salvia, DPT trips as well. So I'm pretty sure I can gauge what a trip is fairly well and I'm not gonna settle for really dismissive answers like 'Just don't buy into myths' because it absolutely says nothing. So my response to you was to challenge this thought of yours...

and I appreciate your response to my questions, I'm not sure if we just don't see 3rd eye to 3rd eye on what we consider tripping and it's merely a matter of semantics or if we have that much difference in experiencing the phenomena. They do certainly effect different parts of the brain which is why I bring up the placebo effect but the full Cannabinoids agonists like some of the JWH's seem to more regularly create really intense trips so perhaps the situation is more complex than any of us understand currently, but I enjoy discussing ideas.

5. oceanicbliss

oceanicbliss Member

Thats all good, I feel alot of breakdowns in forum groups are simply due to matters of semantics .

Plus the fact that the language of emotion is hard to express and interpret through words .

6. D3lit3

D3lit3 Member

Interesting read from both you gentlemen - it's content like that that might actually one day ultimately reveal our consciousness akin to a mummy unraveling itself thread by thread.

Just letting it be known, by the way, that in no way did I state that the use of marijuana could potentially theoretically emulate an LSD trip, thus placing them in the same proverbial psychonautical category. That would be counter-intuitive.

Rather, I suggested that once one takes acid, it temporarily or perhaps permanently alters your perspective and ocular disruptions so
    acutely that even while dormant from your system certain chemicals such as cannabinoids or THC bring you back to that feeling of controversially neurological superiority

7. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Every drug effects everyone differently. But if you in fact hallucinated to the point of seeing trees turn into Mario mushrooms from smoking cannabis alone.....then it was indeed a phenomenon. Meaning extremely rare, unlikely, and unexplainable. It simply does not cause that effect on humans. Hell even strong LSD rarely causes anything like what you've described.

8. Jay_Billionz

Jay_Billionz Member

He probably doesn't mean it turned into an actual mushroom... He probably meant it was reminiscent of one, or maybe for his peripheral vision it appeared as one.

People like you who act like weed doesn't trip you out seriously piss me the fuck off... Dude do the reasearch, Marijuana is considered a Psychedelic and Mild Hallucinogen in case you didn't know.

Everytime I smoke weed I experience 2D visuals (Everything appears 2D), and everything has almost perfect, cartoon-like,Simpsons, look too it. Also it's like everything moves in this weird Blocky Pattern.... It's hard to explain.

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Okay..... no smoking and driving for you.

eggsprog likes this.
  10. Jay_Billionz

Jay_Billionz Member

Driving when coming down is awesome.....Quite Relaxing too. :smoking:

But coming up, or peaking... I would have to pull over. :dizzy2::willy_nilly:

11. KushManD

KushManD Members

Although it definitely feels that way for a few days after you take the acid, I don't think you'll continue to have OEV forever, but your the way your brain functions will likely change after taking the LSD, so smokin kush will always feel different than it did before you took the LSD.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I call that, afterglow.

13. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Open Door

Believe it or not,
    LSD is no more magical,
    Than your own mind.
    It can open doors,
    But, so can anyone!
    Behind an open door,
    There lies a million more,
    And fuzzy logic often applies.
    Choose from door #1, #2, or #3,
    Monty Hall is the host of this show,
    For you are never who think you are,
    And will never again be who want to be.
    Dressing up in silly costumes is part of the fun!
    Something me, myself, and I can agree upon,
    Wonder remains the beginning of wisdom,
    While falling on your ass gracefully,
    Counts for extra points, in duets.
    For a door that is too widely open,
    Just, lets all the damned bugs in!
    So, take your time leaving and hurry back,
    And, don't let the door hit you in the ass, on your way out!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'd probably never choose door 1. It just seems too easy.

15. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Keeping Score

When the student is poorly prepared,
    The master can be rudely awakened!
    For the minute you think you know everything,
    You become nobody's master and your own worst student!
    Feel the force flow through you Luke!
    A Jedi feels the force flowing through him,
    Thus, he remains regular!
    And, falls on his ass more gracefully!
    While, nobody even bothers to keep score!
    Insisting that everything must always make sense,
    Is how Three Stooges slapstick becomes self-defeating.​

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  16. Desos

Desos Senior Member

i thought that my weed experiences were a lot more psychedelic after an acid trip and especially when my tolerance was low. but after a few months or years the effect began to wear off. some trips seemed to create this phenomenon more vividly than others, and i definitely remember my weed trips being more psychedelic when i first started taking acid, while after some time had passed my weed trips weren't very psychedelic anymore even after i had a strong trip.

17. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I don't really trip but smoking weed does give me light visuals. Like the letters on a page will move and breath but it's mild compared to actuly taking a psychedelic. It seems to be something people are afraid of but for me it's nothing.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've never experienced all the colors and shit the cartoons make out about weed.

19. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I used to believe something along the lines of what the OP suggests, but then I realized I simply hadn't experienced marijuana all that much prior to doing copious amounts of acid (I've done acid about 20 times). So, I now think marijuana is just its own little trip that sort of reminds us of psychedlia, but isn't remotely the same thing as acid.

20. Psyzen

Psyzen Members

about the weed experience changing after an LSD trip:
    After experiencing the psychedelic world, marijuana triggers these new perspectives. For me, this is very much so. I now think about it before getting stoned, as the high is now a deep session, similar to acid. The viewpoints of these different angles are insightful. The trick now is to remember them. A notepad and pen? Any ideas here?