drugs you hate

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by dazedgatsby, Jun 14, 2010.

1. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

oh and suboxane. ick.

all synthetic stuff that mimics the real thing.

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

What about synthetic mescaline or synthetic psilocybin?

3. la Principessa

Okay, most drugs that are synthetic then. Can't speak for all of them, since I haven't tried synthetic mescaline or psilocybin.

4. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

seriously, don't hate on synthetics.

what about LSD, 2c-b, 4-aco-dmt and all the BEAUTIFUL research chemicals out there? :cool:

you must at least have a guilty pleasure toward mdma...and coke is [sort of] natural, and it's nasty!

5. cosmoknot

cosmoknot Humboldt County Homey

All amphetamines are synthetic; the closest you'll come to an amphetamine that's not synthetic isn't an amphetamine, it's actually a precursor, ephedrine, and this is naturally found in ephedra, also known as ma huang or sometimes called Mormon tea for some reason, dunno, maybe Mormons drank it instead of coffee for that churchy pep?! Sucks for you man, 'cause that would mean you hate X; it *is* an amphetamine, 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine to be exact. And MAN what an awesome amphetamine it is!!!

And then all opiates are actually the classification of drug called "semi-synthetic", while opioids are all synthetic. So I'm guessing shy of opium, or perhaps laudanum since there's little processing involved in the production of laudanum (an old-timey drug, real old-timey like an Old West/Victorian drug, man), opiates are out for you 'cause semi-synthetic is still, well, partially synthesized. Chemicals are used to extract the morphine sulphate or the codeine phosphate from the raw opium, hence semi-synthetic.

Like I've said before, "The more for me!" In this case where you implicate that you hate RC's, 'cause boy oh boy, I sure don't!

Lemme guess, if it ain't 100% natural or minimally processed, you won't take it? That's how my roomie is. Not even aspirin for headaches, DXM or codeine phosphate for coughs, pseudoephedrine for a stuffy nose, or diphenhydramine for her allergies. It's gotta be white willow bark for those pesky headaches since that's natural and naturally contains salicylic acid, the stuff aspirin is made from. And before the heart palpitations got to her, and of course, before it was made an outlawed drug, ephedra tea to clear her sinuses. She'll smoke out, she'll eat 'shrooms, but she holds tried and true to a similar anti-synthetic belief system--in her diet, dealing with insect problems, in her pet's food, dealing with weeds (she doesn't even believe in the term "weed" except for MJ, but just as a nickname of course). Is that your deal with synths? Is it just a code of ethics that there's not better living through chemistry? Kind of a simpler, more antiquated type of belief system that holds plants and fungi precious amongst drugs, and damnifies synths... but that too, like my roommate, carries over into your everyday life wherein you avoid chemicals on principle? If you agree with most or all of the type of value system as my roomie, I get where you're coming from and can respect that, don't agree with it but can respect it.

Here's the thing, though. A lot of the time, there are reasons that drugs and such are procured from nature, and that's because in many natural sources, there are other harmful toxins, like say with iboga, or even in some brews of ayahuasca. I guess I'm saying that all natural doesn't automatically mean that because it's the green choice, that it's the healthier or better choice. Still, I can respect the value system; in many ways it's like vegetarianism, another hyper-idealistic notion to me, but one I can respect as a choice for others. :)

So did I get it right with my guess, that it's about values? If so, there are TONS of other drugs you'd hate, including most antibiotics (though those really, truly are overprescribed by docs).

The only non-discrepancy I see here (if my guess is right) would be that regarding Xanax and all other benzos, since they're completely synthetic, actually manufactured specifically to work on specific sites in the brain... like antidepressants, antipsychotics (except for serpentine, one of the oldest, and I think the only semi-synthetic of the bunch, having come from an herb used by Buddhist monks--if I'm not mistaken--as a hypnotic of sorts for aiding meditation... I think anyway), barbiturates, and countless other sundry classes of drugs. Most drugs do tend to be either semi-synthetic or entirely so. I'd bet that though you've got that picture of peyote there, you'd never touch mescaline, and that you probably love marijuana (who doesn't?), but would never take a Marinol pill (synthetic THC, generally prescribed to cancer patients for building back an appetite after chemotherapy). So am I hot or cold? ;)

6. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

Wrong. there are naturally occuring phenethlyamines like mescaline. what do you think the word PhenethylAMINE means?
    Alpha-Methoxy-Phenylethylamine = amphetamine
    I find it to be second rate if you ask me. Its too short and the drawbacks are high. I prefer mescaline, which lasts longer and feels more "wholesome" without the crash or fabricated feelings of affection. better yet, whole Cactus like peyote. I have so much fo it around i have no desire for MDMA. I get better feelings sitting in a teepee all night with peyote relatives.

oh on the contraire i love LSD. LSD is one of the only synthetic compounds i will take.

Babies and children eat Iboga and Ayhausca in their respective cultures. Ive seen babies eat peyote firsthand.

I understand Iboga in rare cases can kill, and so can ayahuasca however I'm not sure there are any known toxins within B. Caapi and Chacruna admixtures. If you know of any in particular please disclose them. I drink ayahuasca several times a year without any toxic reactions so id be suprised to find any toxic compounds existed in the admixture.

no you are wrong again. I dont mess with synthetic opiates, amphetamines, rcs, cocaine, or benzos because i dont need to. there's no value system at work here dictating my substance use. just personal preference. Imagine that. Also my personal experience has led me to believe there is a degree of risk involved with any substance use, i choose the ones with the lowest risks.

7. Doobie60

Doobie60 Senior Member

Say what!? I love it.

8. Doobie60

Doobie60 Senior Member

Oh yeah and I hate mephadrone.

9. la Principessa

Well I said nothing about research chemicals. My original post stated my dislike for any synthetic drug that is a mimic of the natural (or mostly natural) substance. Meaning as a substitute. Like suboxane/subutex and buspar. Those types.

10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

what the fuck is this woman talking about tripper dog?

11. dazedgatsby

dazedgatsby shitheel

HA! :p Your sig photo is funny...

12. wild-flowers

wild-flowers forever arbitrary

I don't really like cocaine that much, I think it's kind of a waste of money for what you're getting which is basically like a pack of redbull. But then again I only tried it once (alot of it) while drinking. So I was already trashed.

13. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Ipecac

14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

that's the way to do coke, It seriously is basically just like a ego pack of redbull :(

15. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

drinking and doing coke makes an entirely new compoud in the body called coca-ethylene or something like that. it's supposedly more toxic than doing coke alone.

16. PB_Smith

PB_Smith Huh? What? Who, me?

Well for me I personally don't care for any type of depressant drug, alcohol, barbiturates, etc. and disassociatives, PCP, DXM, Ketamine. I just simply don't care for the effects.

Haven't tried any RC's yet, not sure if I will, they are still too new and not researched enough in my opinion.

The drugs I have learned to despise I despise for a reason different than most.
    I hate opiates; opium and heroin
    I hate Meth, and pharmaceutical amphetamines
    I despise those two classes because they feel so damn good ................initiatly.
    They have that evil combination of being highly physically and psychologically addictive and they feel awesome.

A good clean meth high or opiate high is some of the most euphoric I have ever felt. Combine that with the physical addiction potential and you have a time bomb.

As most of you familiar with me know, my favorite class is psychedelics with LSD and Mescaline being tied for favorite.

Hey, We just had an earthquake:eek:, but in Southern Ca. that really isn't news is it?
    Trying to type as my chair was shaking around was different.:rolleyes:

17. Mitchi

Mitchi Member

Weed and alcohol. So overrated, both of them!

18. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Heroin. I've known around 20 people that have died as a result of their Heroin addiction over the last 18 years.

19. jmt

jmt Ezekiel 25:17

20. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Anti-psychotics. They treat the symptoms of schizophrenia and various forms of pyschosis.