Drugs interactions

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Syd222, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Syd222

Syd222 Member

Hi,
    the other day a friend of mine told me he was planning on taking some lexomil (bromazepam) after a techno party where we're gonna take mdma/molly (we don't test stuffs, so it might be something else, or mixed with other amph..), to ease the comedown.
    I didn't know lexomil was a BZD, I thought it was an AD, so I told him it might not be a good idea to mix it with recreative drugs. I'm still not sure it's a good idea, but anyway this made me wonder :

What are the drugs interactions drug users should be aware of ?

I heard how SSRIs shouldn't be mixed with mdma for example.

I also wondered about atarax (hydroxyzine), cause it seems like it might be useful for an unpleasant comedown..

2. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

That would be quite the list. Maybe you want to narrow it down to just MDMA drug interactions? That atarax is a first generation antihistamine, like benadryl. Should be fine with MDMA, but it will definitely zonk you out.

Anytime you are looking at mixing drugs/medicines together it is important to do a quick google search for any bad interactions reported.

3. Syd222

Syd222 Member

Not necessarily just MDMA interactions, but interactions between "common" drugs and medicine. Interactions people are most likely to be confronted to, I dunno. I'm not looking for an exhaustive list (although if you have one, please do share it) but just the most common ones.
    There are meds that lots of people take like OTC drugs people usually have at home (paracetamol) or drugs that some people have to use regularly (like say salbutamol for asthmatics), so there might be some interactions people are more likely to stumble upon.
    (Or also dangerous interactions between recreative drugs, because some people will just mix anything to "get higher", or ease the comedown).

But yeah, when I do drugs I avoid taking any meds, and if I have to, I try to look it up google (although sometimes you don't have access to the internet). But my friends aren't so careful, so I'd rather know what's to avoid.

I guess you have some examples in mind, write them down, I'd rather know too much that not enough

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

There are all sorts of interactions. But a few off the top of my head you should not mix.

Cocaine and alcohol
    MDMA and alcohol
    MDMA and SSRI

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

• Mixing MAOI's with most drugs is not a good idea, although MAOI-A is used for ayahuasca so they can safely interact with some drugs, but many psychedelics and phenethylamines in particular like Nbome, 2cx, MDMA can be significantly potentiated to dangerous levels by MAOI.

• Mixing stimulants and depressants can lead to complications, It's fairly common practice but also one of the more prevalent causes of overdoses too.

• Mixing benzos and opioids can be dangerous and mixing street opioids with Rx Opioids can potentially be dangerous as well.

• Tylenol can often be present in medication which contains psychoactives such as Dxm and opioids concotions (i.e. Percocet). Some of these meds are taken at significantly higher levels for a high then what they are prescribed at so high levels of tylenol can lead to a variety of side effects.

• Alcohol mixed with most psychoactive drugs both street and Rx may increase negative effects and can be dangerous at high levels as well.

1 person likes this.
  6. spongbob4 life

spongbob4 life Member

It's especially dangerous to mix large amounts of alcohol and Rx medications containing opiates, such as Vicodin and Percocet, because these medications usually contain Acetaminophen and mixing it with alcohol can lead to liver failure. Also mixing cocaine and alcohol is supposed to be worse for both your liver and your heart, but it is also a ton of fun.