drugs in the 60s

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by vodoo chile, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Putty

Putty Member

remember the hashish? nobody even speaks of that anymore...the Blonde Afghani? That was way before the Thai Weed, hash oil and all the fancy shit that was lead in for today's exotic plants.

The acid was great...the Owsley Orange Barrels? I can't compare to today because I haven't seen it in years.

had some "first edition" STP straight out of The Lab in Berkeley once back in the 60's...peaked hard for almost a full day!...My Oh My

I miss those days...I'd go back if I could!

2. oink

oink Member

It was the afghani primo that was the bomb.

3. deadhead82

deadhead82 Member

hahah i got kicked out of school by wearing a shirt that had that on it....good times

4. hangel014

hangel014 Guest

i actually dont know anything about the drugs in the 60s except what i've been reading on the internet, but i came across this site and registered to ask anyone what all the drugs were in the 1960....what i have heard is marijuana cocane heroin and lsd...i would also like to know how the drugs back then are different then todays drugs...were they better?!? easier to find?!? anything would help with my project! thanks guys...if you want to send me a direct e-mail with the information my e-mail is number1pimpet08@yahoo.com thanks!:)

5. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Well, I started in about '72 and I do remember gold seal black Afghani hash, Oaxacan gold, Columbian gold, Michoacan, and Jamaican.

I'm sorry, no modern weed can come close to the taste and aroma, not to mention the refined buzz of these now extinct classics.(I've heard there is good Jamaican,but that's on the coast. Here in the hinterland we don't see to many exotics)

The pot doctors of southern Mexico and central and south America are long dead and the knowledge was not passed down.
    Civil war and imperialist meddeling(drug war) have taken thier toll in many ways. The afghani hash fields were bombed out decades ago.
    The 'ghani hash you get now is but a pale reminder of what was... :(

6. jim420

jim420 Member

Well as a pre : drug war old hippie been tere done that kinda guy ..

I can say without a dout chem.s were phar. quiality / not cut wit anything and everything much safer ..
    No laws aginst them yet LoL .. Ecstisy : not new it was 10 tab. for $.50 cheap every where and ..

As for the Weeds : Imports were readyly avaiable
    Apuko gold, Columbian, Ti-stick, hash, hash oil, ect. all more potant !!
    Domistic : Mex. , Red budd, Skunk all as good or better then todays kronic ..
    Oh the days of a 5 finger lid !! costing $20.00 Gold and it was all day one joint weeds ..
    Red budd running $15.00 a lid ..
    I buy a lb. of Gold last me most all the yr. if not giveing it away LoL ..

Back then U gave away more weeds then U sold LoL !!!!!!!!!

I only smoke the Kronic / But diffnantly would love to have the Imports back LoL ..

7. shoreline420149

shoreline420149 Member

I disagree there are still mad crazy strong hallucinogens out there yah just have to know the right people :)

And on the LSD-50 part im not sure, but there are many other chemicals that Hofmann had synthesized in a flurry, a few being hallucinogenic... (synthesis details left with him of course, but probably held by the government)
    but because the precursor of these many many compounds is LSD-25 , hence they all are very illegal to possess.

You may have been mistaken with ALD-52 unless you have not read Alex Shulgin's 'Tikhal' ... "The Tryptamines I have come to know and love"

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal26.shtml

it includes in the first article synthesis which if i remember correctly somebody was asking about.

Other information, as well as the many many compounds that Shulgin brought back to mainstream recreational use... MDMA... 2C-I , etc.

I had to add one thing... I have never seen STP but have researched it and it sounds amazing... somehow a compound of amphetamines and LSD ... what brilliant chemist came up with that

8. ProfessorGroove

ProfessorGroove Member

Perhaps its possible that drugs only seem better for you guys back in the day because well... you gained a tolerance from using drugs for the last 40 years?

9. Indica.Skye

Indica.Skye Member

i thought if anything, drugs were stronger these days.

10. lostdazedintime

lostdazedintime Fucked in the head

from what I know the viet-cong werent all tweakers, it was hitler and the entire german armed forces that were twacked.

my dad really liked thai sticks.

11. Gratefully Dead

Gratefully Dead Member

My friends dad told me his favorite drug was getting pure THC powder. He did alot more than just weed though.

12. zombie.

zombie. Member

All this hashish, weed, and lsd talk is making me want to be able to point it out when I see it. I wish they made a book that went over it like the pill books they have that shows all the various types of meds. in pill form.