drugs in the 60s

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by vodoo chile, Jun 14, 2006.

1. vodoo chile

vodoo chile Member

i always heard my uncle tell me that drugs were better in the 60s?its this true or was it just the times?also he used to talk about speed and i remember him saying he liked black jrs do you all know of this type of speed?he said they took it off the market.

2. Crosslight

Crosslight Banned

today there are all the drugs of the 60's and a few more synthetized in the meantime..."speed" was the word for methedrine or amphetamines...
    Speed was really fast in fucking one's body, starting with the brain.....speed-freaks were the worst and most violent kind of junkies.........

3. xazzer

xazzer Member

They still are. Look at all the bad incidents surrounding "tweakers" and meth fiends...this is speed. Also, remember, Adolph Hitler got amphetamine vitimin injections, and they gave it to the Japanese army in WWII to make them ruthless fighting machines. Bad vibes.

4. Monsieur

Monsieur Member

i think you're thinking of the VietCong, to my knowledge the Japanese didnt do that, or if they did they didnt do it on such a regulated basis.
    Apparently JFK was a patient of Dr. Feelgood as well as Jackie Kennedy

5. tculi

tculi Senior Member

if im correct we dont have the type of acid they did back then, they had lsd50 but that doesnt exist anymore or something, now theres only lsd25
    i might be wrong, im not that sure

6. The Stig

The Stig Member

Mmm, nah not the case. LSD-25 was the chemical produced by Sandoz Labs. LSD-50? Well LSD-25 was thus named as it was the 25th in the series Hoffman was synthesizing. -50 may just be the 50th in the same series.

That or you are thinking of LD50, which is more a research term denoting the level at which 50% of test animals died (lethal dose 50%). Which for LSD-25 is 12,000ug's.

7. easy_rider69

easy_rider69 Member

Is dope better now? I heard it is.

8. ENRIKE_33

ENRIKE_33 Member

Hello I Am From Spain I Have Just Signed Up To This Site...i Want To Know About Anyone Having Had Experiences With Magic Mushrooms...i Have Had Several Times And I Think It Has Changed The Way I Used To Think...

9. jailmate

jailmate Plantenist

Ow, day wuz soh real, relly real shit dat got U higher dan bullshit.

10. rflowerchild420

rflowerchild420 Member

DOPE Will never be as good as it was in the 60's!!!! Not from my own experiences but from all the old hippies I have spoken to about it.

11. peacevet55

peacevet55 Member

Many armies including the US have used speed to keep their troops going.

I do know herb is better today. Don't do anything else but brew and wine.

12. luvhuffer

luvhuffer Member

There's some deal about speed having been developed by the Nazi's for their air force pilots to stay awake. I don't know what's up with the drugs nowadays. I used to love to drop about 10 white cross bennies and grind for a week. Good speed (methamphetamine hydrochloride) like glass was great. Crank (methamphetamine sulfate) sucked. In the '80's I was shooting cocaine, and I swear I would slam a 1/4 gram of speed and I'd have to listen to my heartbeat, cause nothing would happen. I always thought I'd missed. No rush or nothing. Pure crap. Oh ya, and I never had any kind of psychotic episodes or wanted to rip people off or any of the bad shit people usually attribute to speed freaks.

Pot is definitely better now than it was back then. Of course you were only paying $65 for a brick (around a kilo but never with any consistency of weight).

Some of the acid was great, some of it sucked. So did the capsules of mescaline or whatever the hell was really in there. You'd buy a hit of peppermint barrels and 45 minutes later there were Mexican serapes floating on the walls that were breathing. A week later you'd buy the same stuff from the same guy, and just get a light head buzz 2 hours later. Street drugs were a bit of an iffy proposition. I think that's why I liked shooting pharmaceuticals. You knew what you were doing. Demerol, Dilaudid, but especially Mallenkroft Pink Pearl pharmaceutical cocaine. Or German Merck Blue ice. Now those two, the blue and the pink were a high and a half.

I guess after saying all that, I should probably add that I have been clean for almost 8 years now. And I think I like it this way best. But I don't regret or am ashamed of doing any of that. It was just something I did and that's all.

Oh ya, to the original poster. He was probably talking about Black Beauties which was a pharmaceutical speed in a black and white or all black capsule. I'm not sure exactly what it was though.

13. robspace2

robspace2 Banned

I have alot of experience with the shrooms-Here in the Northwest they grow- everywhere-The little nipple type are very mello but can be scary if eaten alot-moderation is the key-I do not endorse drugs or alcohol anymore but the mushrooms can be frozen and kept for a long time then put in egg omeletts-be careful and be with a friend-

14. robspace2

robspace2 Banned

Good description-You and I were doin the same stuff-You in La and me in SF-and the potency of acid was VERY strong most time-I sold those kilos you speak of-real garbage-remeber the sugar weed?-added weight for sales-The pills that I thought were real strong were a meth pill called Dizoxide-I pill-up all night-2 and your chewin of your lips and foaming at the mouth-The gov pulled em-too strong=-The pills in fashion were mothers little helpers-Reds' yellows etc' Barbs-So-weak pot-strong acid and pills-the heroin was not as strong then but the speed was-I too am clean 5 years and would say-don't mess with it kids-It kills!-Had a partner do to big of coke hit-blew out a blood vessel in his brain-dead-I helped bury him in 98-fuck drugs!

15. chandlera

chandlera Member

Everything was better except the pot. Was never strung out on anything (except maybe the pot), but did a lot of experimentation. Lots of great acid--orange barrel was the best I remember doing and lots of good blotter. The uppers were big then as it seemed everyone wanted to stay up all night and party. Don't know about black jrs, but the Black Beauties were the best, and there were yellow ones (I think called yellow jackets), green ones (called Christmas Trees). Don't remember many mushrooms around our area then, but the acid was super!

16. oink

oink Member

OK, my recollection: The acid was strong or weak, different stuff was different. I did a lot of it. I didn't like speed, although I did it fairly often when in college for crams. For crams the christmas trees were best. I didn't like the feeling of the crystal. I also did a fair amount of the mescaline (usually chocolate) or whatever it was. The acid was better. Also did some of the early PCP. I didn't care too much for the after effects of it. Pot? Lots and lots. I don't think its a matter of it being better now so much as more of it is of the better grade now. There was some kick ass stuff back then, but the mild was more common. I did get a fair amount in the 60s and 70s that was three or four tokes and you're out, type stuff. We used to pay $10 bucks for 1oz of the Jamacian or Mexican, and we all had scales and it had to weigh an oz. Columbian was a bit more (1967-70 prices). I do miss the Afghani primo hash. That was some good shit. I'm happy to say I never used a needly, although many of my friends did and I helped then a few times. I was lucky to abandon everything besides pot before crack hit the scene or I would have been a crackhead as I did a bunch of powder. Anybody remember gorilla biscuits?

17. Malfunc

Malfunc Member

Hi,
    when the Beatles did Lucy in the sky with diamonds on the Sgt. Pepper album in 1967 it was rumoured that the song title meant Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
    (LSD) because at least two of the Beatles were on it at the time.

Malfunc

18. good vibrations

good vibrations Member

if you go where i go, IT IS!!!!![​IMG]

19. travellingman

travellingman Member

I thought the acid we took in the sixties was LSD 125 we used to get it in liquid form I have noticed the acid nowadays is much more controllable you can float on different levels still good fun whatever it is

20. warmhands420

warmhands420 curmudgeon

Root beer Barrel acid, yummy. Black Beauties sometimes called Black Molly's, don't plan on sitting down for awhile. White crosses were easier on the system, snorting them was intense. The Purple tab Mescaline was worth the trip but a little unpredictable on how long it would last. The best was the synthetic psilocybin, white tabs that looked too small to be 4-way, they were, I found out the hard way. I will only smoke now, todays chemicals scare the crap out of me.