druggie movies?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by kristina777, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Grimace

Grimace Member

Love "Dazed and Confused" and "The Trip" but you have to see "Psyche Out" (1968)also. "Easy Rider" is a classic.

2. Grimace

Grimace Member

I like "Spun" alot. "Fear of Loathing" was so spacy that some scenes had me thinking I took acid like the characters in the flick did.

3. Huguito '82

Huguito '82 Member

24 hour party people is a pretty cool one about the start of the XTC scene..! And there's another cool one of which I forgot the name about the CAlifornia rave scene, it has 2 gay guys in a VW beetle looking for the party all night long but can't find it.. Anyone know which one it is??

4. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

For drug abuse, definitly Requiem for a Dream

5. wallflowergirl

wallflowergirl Member

I love Around The Fire, but i'm not sure if that would be a good one to do because it doesn't really have the opinion that drugs are bad, haha. It's about this kid that is in trouble all the time, and it shows his life where he's in college, and then starts going to gatherings and being a hippie, but he gets into selling drugs and everything and gets caught. I thought it was really good. It might work for your class, or might not, but nobody had mentioned it yet so I spoke up! :)

6. erowid

erowid Member

I would say City of God is the best movie of this kind I have ever seen, but you might be looking for more of personal effect that's more community effect of drug dealing ambition. It does seem to subtly endorse the marijuana use yet denounce the cocaine if u look for it, based on a true story of a poor brazilian town though. Saltin seas another good one kind of like The COunt of Monte cristo storyline subbing out all the characters for tweakers and crooked cops, very intresting movie. Definetely reccomend City of God though.

On another note I'm gonna have to check out that around the fire that movie sounds pretty tight

7. Major Peacenik

Major Peacenik Member

Ooooooh FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS.

8. surfingdreamer

surfingdreamer Member

wel, depends what kind of drug film you want-
    something on the light hearted side, go for 'dazed and confused'
    if you want something deeper, how about the 'Doors' movie? there would be so much to go into with that... maybe explorig the relationship of drugs and music...

xox

9. Gerva

Gerva Member

I agree with deadhead95. Spun is the movie!

10. kristina777

kristina777 Member

Thanx for the reccomendations... I'll have to decide on a film by Monday.. so if you guys come up with anymore suggestons, please post.

Kristina