druggie movies?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by kristina777, Jan 20, 2005.

1. kristina777

kristina777 Member

hey you guys - I'm taking a Soc. of Drug Abuse class and our professor wants us to decide on a movie to watch and kind of analyze based on the alchohal and drug content. He said he dosen't want everyone doing BLOW or RUSH...so could you all maybe reccomend some others?

Kristina

2. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

*Requiem for a dream.
    *trainspotting

3. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Trainspotting
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
    Dazed and Confused
    Easy Rider
    Traffic

here are some more dramatic, less comedy oriented drug movies.

4. lemon714

lemon714 Member

fear and loathing

drugstore cowboy
    easy rider

5. trancetripnddhd

trancetripnddhd Member

Easy Rider, and another with Dennis Hopper called "the Trip" you can guess what that is about!

6. LaughinEyes024

LaughinEyes024 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

fear and loathing in las vegas
    or
    requiem for a dream <<<this would definately be a good one

7. RFyellow

RFyellow Member

I wouldn't suggest "Fear and Loathing"...I mean I love the movie like everyone else but you have to admit there is not much to analyze. "Requiem for a Dream" would be a much better choice IMO.

8. peace_is_possible

peace_is_possible Member

there's also Go, half baked, requiem for a dream would probably be the best considering they include a couple of drugs, plus it shows what happends when you become addicted.

9. peace_is_possible

peace_is_possible Member

trainspotting is a fucked up movie, it's good, but I didn't like the whole baby crawling on the ceiling thing, it freaked me out!!!

10. dedhead95

dedhead95 The Wizard of Rhythm

Watch 'Spun' A great film about the things drugs can do to people. Probally one of my favorite movies. And a soundtrack by Smashingpumpkins' Billy Corgan

11. juggla

juggla Member

party monsters
    refeer maddness
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
    spun

12. HookMeUp

HookMeUp Member

uh, Blow with johnny depp and penelope cruz is also really good. its all about cocaine and it shows how he deals with it as he matures. watch it even if you guys don't watch it for class

(...at least you came to the right place to ask haha)

13. SpAcEdDeadhead

SpAcEdDeadhead Member

well all the ones i was going to mention have been posted already but there is one that hasnt been posted yet and that is....Psych

14. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Trainspotting is definently my favorite

15. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

otto preminger's ummmmm unusual flick "skidoo"
    lsd accidentally ingested by a mafioso in a prison setting...
    (the busload of hippies is played by members of the hogfarm commune; i dunno if wavy gravy (a.k.a. hugh romney) was in his body cast from spinal cord surgery at the time or not, hehheh...)
    (& one of the tripping prison guards (hey, the acid was on a buncha stationery dumped into that night's big bucket of mashed potatoes served at the prison mess & even the warden & i think the visiting governor had some that night - perfect time for a prison break, no?) was played by singer/songwriter nilsson (who, i kid you not, SANG the credits at the end of the movie!)

worth checking out....

16. Gregonzo

Gregonzo Member

"Where the Buffalo Roam".......this is the first Hunter S. Thompson movie released in 1983 (I think?). That's a decade before Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas!!! You'll see Bill Murray as Hunter T. and Peter Boyle as "Lazlo" his lawyer...(instead of Depp and Del Torro....It's out of print and hard to find but, will be rereleased in Feb. of this year on DVD.

"All energy flows according to the great magnante"

17. MountainMan

MountainMan Member

uck, spun was an awful movie. no one here has mentioned the salton sea. its a really good movie with val kilmer and about how drugs killed his wife and what he did about it

18. FloydFollower5

FloydFollower5 Member

The Greatest Drug moments in the World are on the greatest TV show in the world "COPS"
    u wanna find out what drugs do to people? watch Cops I'v been watching it for SO long and iv seen so much crazy shit on that show, everything Coke busts, Meph tweakers, Heroin Binges, LSD phsyco teens that the cops can't get down, Crank Dealers wh oget gunned down, Gardens and Gardens of Pot. everything you need to learn about the bullshit of the WAR on drugs and its impact on society is in that show.
    cops is the only REAL reality show on TV, because it is the one show where NO ONE is effected by the camera's.
    movies are scripted.

19. jimi420

jimi420 Member

how high! pretty good movie

20. RoBoWaLkEr

RoBoWaLkEr Member

Spun was a good movie IMHO. Definitely not conventional, but interesting and a good time.