~~drug Bust~~

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by MarijuanaPhysicist, Feb 6, 2006.

1. TheMagicalMushy

TheMagicalMushy Senior Member

Your financial aid isnt tossed out the window unless you were treated as an adult or over 18

2. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Mushy - Jared is 18. We'll see what we'll see.

3. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

There this saying, For everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven. Yes there is a time to have fun and relax with a bit of bud or a few drinks just NOT at school! Class time is for learning not for getting messed up.

I like to use a what I call "The Cake Analogy". Cake(life) can be just fine without the frosting(MJ, drinking etc..) Too much frosting overpowers the taste of the cake and just ends up making you sick and giving you rotten teeth.

In other words focus on what is truly important and make substance use a small part of you life and NOT your whole life.

If you smoke its a good idea to quit for a month or two or more to clear your head and reevaluate the role that MJ plays in your life.

btw: NEVER I repeat NEVER take pictures of yourself or your friends smoking MJ. If you break the law never record evidence that you did so.

Best of luck to ya MJ Physicist

4. ToWaterAndTrees

ToWaterAndTrees Banned

Here we go...

This might happen, you are right. But once again this is a problem with the law, not the use of Marijuana. Or are you one of those people that is unable to think for themselves? I guess all those people who helped slaves escape were a bunch of crooks, damn law breakers!

Do you have problems with Marijuana because it is illeagal IronGoth, or because of what you seem to think it "does" to someone?

If you have problems with it because of it's leagal status I will cease any further comminuication with you, as robots aren't fun to chat with.

If it's because of what you assume it does to a person than you are again very ignorant. You say you have seen people screw their lives up on drugs. Are you saying everyone that does drugs will screw their life up? I hope you aren't saying that, as it's fairly obvious it's no true.

You know who marc emery is? The man taken down for seed selling? He has made millions of dollars and smoked like a fucking chimeny. You know what he did? He had more motivation that I'm sure you could ever hope to have, made HUNDREDS of changes to an ENITRE COUNTRY. Worked for royalty? Neat-o.

You better believe I'd say it to your face if you pulled such bullshit as you do on these forums. I don't think "jared" NEEDS marijuana to feel good about himself or relate to other people. And if he does you can't judge an enitre community of people by a few. And last I checked many people carry a flask, are you going to go around to all of them talking shit?

If the tension comes from "jared's" family not accepting his "alcohol" use as long as it doesn't interfere with work/school and healthy relationships his family is at fault. If his family is like that I'd probably perfer sitting in a dark room alone than them. Marijuana or not.

And I'll keep talking kthx

There are a very large percentage of school students that do not have ANY motivation to get good grades. So why is it bad that weed drives him to get good grades? He figures if he does badly and gets a bad job he won't have money, he is thinking about the future and planning ahead. This is bad? I don't get it. Never seen a meth head do that.

And "dope" is known demotivator? To who? Once again you show your ignorance. There is no scientific evidence proving marijuana has any effect on someones motivation, to even claim one could quantify how motivated someone is is silly in the first place.

Stoner stereotype is there for a reason? So I guess every black person eats friend chicken, has corn rows, lives in the ghetto, wears a big poofy jacket, sagging pants, and talks like he is on the verge of being retarded.

I guess all irish are drunkers.

I guess all white people are evil greedy weak and have no rythm.

I guess asians eat people's dogs and poop out rice.

You are just making this too easy for me mr goth

I bet you had fun in college.

I can deadlift 600+ and could bench 250 back in my froshman year of highschool. That mean I am more sucessful than you? BTW I have worked out a total of maybe 8 days in my life.

I'd have to congradulate you on bitching out Alanis Morrissette actually.

Helping governments fuck us over thanks.

Sounds like you have done some interesting things. I'm sure they have made you very happy (not sarcastic)

But what makes you happy doesn't make everyone happy. You have to realize this. Maybe some people just want to live comfortably, get high now and then, and have a good life. It's not your place to judge them.

This is true, my comment about the only problem being the law is more general than specific to this situation. But knowing schools expel people for tylenol you should know how fucked up the schools are.

Yeah.. I know it happens. Is that your answer to everything happens in the world?

Kids starving around the globe... not fair but it happens.

Innocent people getting killed... not fair but it happens.

Point is it's horrible this happens, it happens beacuse of sick sick people on this earth like you, who don't want to let well enough alone and let people live their lives as long as they are not interfering with anyone else.

You are quite the tough cookie to crack irongoth I still can't figure you out. It's almost like you know how to complete a math problem but still can't for some reason.

No you don't stand and argue about how fair it is, you change things. That's the point. As I mentioned marc emery earlier he was mad at the current laws so he changed them.

You try to communicate to people your ideas and beliefs. Try to gain support for your views.

5. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

emery changed the laws? or did he just ignore them

6. ToWaterAndTrees

ToWaterAndTrees Banned

yeah good point... although I'm almost 100% sure some laws were changed because of him..

Beside that he still is quite the enterprising guy. I dont really like the guy but he has gone some shit I have to admit.

7. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

lol ouch man...you got me on that one

props

8. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Right now Jared is potentially screwed because of the law, yes, not necessarily cause of MJ itself. However, if you are smoking before school, at school, to deal with stress, instead of getting good grades etc. that is a bad sign, just as much as it would be if he was drinking. Is this getting through to you yet.

And some of those anti-slave law breakers lost their homes, liberty and in some cases lives. They didn't snivel about it.

I don't give a shit what you do. I personally don't do dope, I don't drink or do anything. This is MY PERSONAL CHOICE and I deal with the consequences. So should you. I for example ride a motorcycle. I have a good chance of being blindsided one day by a yappy little woman in an SUV and lose an arm. I will not whine if and when that happens, I know the risks, accept them and carry on. Or is that too difficult for you to understand either?

I hate it when people rush to do something that feels good, completely ignore the effect that might have on THE REST OF THEIR LIVES, and then bitch when it goes sour. "Waaaah I had sex on the spur of the moment and now I'm pregnant!"

? Jared is complaining about not being able to get federal aid. I'm simply saying if this was gonna be an issue, don't do something that would bar you from getting said aid. Whether it's a legal issue, moral issue or even one of logistics.

You are correct, not everyone who does drugs will ruin their lives. However, given that the SPECIFIC POSTER I am commenting on has so far shown absolutely ZERO judgment or clue..... Then YEAH, HE is ruining his life, just as OTHERS have ruined theirs.

Bully for him, I don't give a shit how much he made. Money isn't my motivator, I do what I want for my own reasons. That's how you define success. If you wanna be a successful stoner, Jesus, go for it. But don't expect to carry around an arrest and conviction record and work with children.

Would you like me to find the quote where Jared states exactly that and as such?

Did I say stuff about an entire community? Or am I discussing a particular case with a particular person with a particular posting history? Wait, hang on... let's see if the clue train pulls into your station.

WTF? So let's see, if my mom's a drunk - that affects her relationships - and I can't deal with her alcoholic ass that's MY problem not hers?

Since when does protecting you from known terrorists coming into your area "fuck you over?"

Of course I can. Just as how you can and do judge me right now. It's your right and don't you EVER stop exercising it. Some people can carry on life with the occasional weekend doob, and noone's the wiser. Ain't legal, but enh. Now, let's return to the scenario at hand. A high school student who's not the sharpest knife in the drawer street-wise, who's been ripped off at least twice and who is now staring at marijuana possession, cocaine possession at the least and GOD KNOWS WHAT at most.... ya think he's not screwing stuff up? You wanna ask his mom, who had to come up with bail money and who's proabably FREAKING right now about her son maybe going to prison, whether or not he's just doing his own thing with no consequences to others?

You asked what I had done, if you're not happy with the answer that's your problem. And it depends on how you define success. When I picked up a weight I couldn't bench 70lb. I hit 420. That's a pretty damn big difference and it represented months and years of hard work and sweat. I wanted to accomplish it and I did. So yeah, that to me is success.

I am not a sick sick person for trying to help someone who is destroying himself. I don't know what planet you are from. And Jared is living at home and has only just ceased to be a minor. What he does has an impact on his own future, his chances at college, the parents he lives with, etc. When he's a fully functioning adult with his own bills on his own two feet he can piss his entire life away for all I care. Just when he gets popped, don't bother calling mommy, stay in jail until the trial date. THEN, and ONLY THEN, will I say "you're only helping and/or hurting yourself, do yer own thang".

Emory changed sweet EFF ALL. He became a drug dealer, a very lucrative position. I don't consider that something of merit. And now he's going to jail, probably for a long time. His motivations weren't ending world hunger or ending slavery (I love the analogies you draw) but to make a buck hustling a mind altering substance in full flagrant defiance of laws.

9. jimi420

jimi420 Member

let it go man, just let it go haha

10. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I'm not quite sure why folks are giving Iron Goth so much shit... from my standpoint he is one of the few folks behaving like a friend should... I haven't seen any bad advice in any of his posts- he's telling it like it is.

I wouldn't necessarily word my advice & observations the same but it seems that when the truth is sugar coated it is just easier to ignore. Sometimes a good dose of blunt is just what the doctor ordered. From where I sit, he is one of the very few here who is actually being a friend to Jared & the young man would be well advised to pay attention.

Jared- I sincerely hope that you can find a way out of this and you can pursue your education... you're too decent a kid for this shit to happen to. You'll be doing yourself a HUGE favor by heeding what folks like Iron Goth are trying to tell you. Please- for the sake of your future.

11. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

by your last sentence I think you meant that you don't like what you know about emery (since i doubt you know him personally) but you still respect some of the things he has done.
    From that I can draw, that you don't need to like someone to respect their opinions and actions.
    Therefore I don't understand how you can justify your attacks on IronGoth. To me, it is obvious that you do not like him. That is fine and it is your opinion. However, your attacks on him are warrantless. His comments are about Jareds many problems; not you or this community of stoners. I think you need to show some respect of his opinions that are formed from his worldly experience, which without a doubt is far greater than yours of mine. Nothing wrong with discussing and debating opinions in a mature manner. However, wasting space by telling him he is a robot if he believes this or ignorant if he believes that does not serve useful purpose

12. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

Very true; both in marijuana and truth forms.

13. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Bingo.

14. ConcealedCulture

ConcealedCulture Senior Member

Obviously you dont know what you are talking about, once again. Emery donated every dollar he made from selling seeds (not a drug) to the legalization movement. His intentions were to end something on par with world hunger and slavery, and thats the imprisonment, rape, and murder of peaceful people that like to smoke plants. Not to make a fucking buck.

15. ToWaterAndTrees

ToWaterAndTrees Banned

The show: I think you are right, I may just be drawing more from irongoths posts than I should. I was taking his comments as a remark about the whole community, where as I guess (if I can believe ya iron goth) that they were just directed towards the poster.

About emery, he did some things that did hurt the movment, such as smoking with kids, and he did some personal things that I really don't agree with, there was supposed to be some sort of allegation of sexual misconduct with underage girls or something. But as culture said he gave a ton of money and got a lot of things done (or at least started change) I think a person can still be thanked for doing a certian thing while not really saying anything about the actual person.

And I don't even know if i hate iron goth or not. He says some things that piss me off and other things i agree with. I may be taking some of his comments too personally. I take what he says as "anyone who smokes pot is a loser" It's just that when I have a full time job, which I am very good at, have a good education and various awards for certain skills, have good relationships with family and friends, and am overall happy and have no emotional problems, I get REALLY pissed off when people say all of this shit about smoking when I have been smoking for years and years on a pretty constant basis.

And I do agree the guy did do some fucked up things. But what he did shouldn't be criminal it was just stupid. Forgetting to check your pockets to make sure you are clean, letting people you don't know put things you don't know about in parts of your car you don't know about is a horrible idea. As was the phone thing. I'm sure most people have done something seriously stupid in the past that could have ended up really bad, possibly effecting their life, if they had been caught or in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's part of growing up, as I'm sure he has learned a lesson from this and nobody is hurt.

16. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

I learned something about emory, I was wrong....