driving over the speed limit

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by broony, Jul 9, 2013.

1. broony

broony Banned

so much fun.. ive seen even the most careful drivers some days and nights just drop it in gear and go go go go

last time i drove like im running was saturday.. but those days don't happen often..

its such a rush to drive fast.

though, im not a fan riding passenger during this...

when i drive the most dangerous im alone, cause i cant do it with others in the car... cause if i fuck up... its only me.

driving fast

fuck yeah.

tell the cab drive to step on it.

one friend who was in an ambulance going to hospital... asked... why the sirens not on? im still paying for it. turn it on and cut the traffic.

i hope you drive a manuel

2. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Back in the day my record was so fucked from street racing that I had a guy at work just to drive the cars in and out and test drive for me.

I've grown up for the most part, and where I live there are a lot of bikers and pedestrians so I just cruise easy.

But I still have a fast car sitting under a cover. Every few weeks or month I take it off the island onto the highways and merge ramps just cracking that bitch open. Late at night is good too, just you the car and the road.

3. broony

broony Banned

1 post, 25 views. Yep we a rare type, though thats better than falling in line.

4. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

They just upped the speed limit from 70-75 on the highway out of town. Best day of my life when I found that out.

5. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Nice. Highest here is 70 on I95. All the other highways are 65.

But that's what they make radar/laser detectors for ;)

6. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

All of these things. Fuck yeah. I love driving fast. It's such a thrill to go 90-100 in light to moderate traffic where everyone else is moving 60-70. I love getting into a race with a real car in my civic and burning them because they don't know how to navigate through traffic.

7. ☉rtus ♉

☉rtus ♉ Waffle

are there speed limits on highways? :D nobody follows that... on the highway I usually go about 130-140, so like 80-90mph? ... I think the speed limit might be like 100kph..? I have no clue.. I never seen a cop on a highway so I just go whatever

The most fun thing to do is drive home from my girlfriends at night... She lives out of town so I have to go through all the backroads, and there's nobody ever on them at night... the speed limits 50 but I usually end up going like 120.. so fun..

8. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I used to love to drive fast, and I especially enjoyed changing gears...driving a manual...

Now I'm getting oldishladyitis...

It tears my nerves up on the rare occasion I have to ride with my son, who drives like the speed of light. He wants me to WATCH :eek: and not sit up straight and close my eyes like I prefer.

I'm pretty sure that is the speed limit posted for the highways leaving here, but nobody (but me) follows that...they will pass you (me) like you are sitting still if you follow those limits. I have no idea how fast you have to go to get pulled on the highway, but I have seen people over on the side with the HP.

9. broony

broony Banned

yes yes yes.

i hear ya.

but do you do it with a collard shirt on?

:afro:

10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

and that family around the corner coming home from a long trip with 3 young kids in the car you didnt see

im going to have to unsubscribe from this one because its not going to end well

11. broony

broony Banned

rating down my thread... damn mini van drivers, sorry i had to pass ya.

12. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I honestly try REALLY HARD not to speed because they've become crazy strict over here with the speed limits. I know for a fact the sheriff's deputies have been told to pull anyone over for going 2-3 mph over the speed limit. Used to be the sheriff's office didn't deal much with traffic stops. And the city I live right outside of has a police chief on a power trip giving tickets for 1 mph over. It's ridiculous, but keeps me driving slow as fuck.

13. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

I used to LOVE driving fast, in fact I remember discovering what a governor was when I hit 120 in my car and engine power and speed suddenly dropped to nothing, I thought I blew my engine.

But these days there often a chance that I got something on me that I shouldn't or somebody with me's got something they shouldn't or doing something we shouldn't be doing. So the last thing I wanna do is draw attention, good thing I don't have a car atm.

14. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Did 155mph in a 70 zone.
    Which was quite sensible (ok not) if you think the car does 210 or so..

(Yes, I know, I am terrible and deserved to be locked up for 1000 years...) :blush5:

15. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Yeah, I used to drive fast back in the daze, lost six close friends that were doing that, four critical injuries, one guy was in a coma for six months hasn't been right since, to disabled to work.
    Can't think of how many cars were wrecked and how many others I went to school with but didn't really know that died that way.

Have fun guys...ever been to a double teen age funeral or seen a guy's head smashed into a telephone pole?

16. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

there was a road near me, every year there would be a major crash involving kids from our school eg a death, or someone permanently crippled/ major injuries. And there were only about 150 kids of driving age in the school. Always caused by speeding, in an especially inappropriate area.

If I'm gonna drive fast, I take all precautions and wont drive fast just on any old road. I'm actually not a big fan of driving. Its very tiring and there are dangers at the edge of your control/ even beyond it. Driving is the most dangerous thing (along with poor nutrition) many of us will ever do.

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I hope not! :p But we all drive manual here.

18. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

A quote from Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."

19. broony

broony Banned

driving fast on country roads is the best, cutting corners, switching lanes in the trees... fucking love it..

don't get me wrong.. if i hit the freeway... oh damn.. yes... ill get a nice expensive car to drop it and go cause he will see my car and wanna talk shit, then that car is gone...

hell yeah, i love the influence i gave ya

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

undoubtedly. however

the addiction to driving a car, let alone trying to impress anyone with it, is why people are being killed to control their oil.

(which i have little doubt is why there are threads romanticizing cars on places where people might otherwise be thinking responsibly about the kind of world their priorities create incentives for)