driving high

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Willy_Wonka_27, May 13, 2004.

1. Alex_12

Alex_12 Member

I always drive high, but it's usually at night. Less traffic.

2. STeReOTyPic_BC_STONE

STeReOTyPic_BC_STONE Member

funniest shit ive ever heard

3. PsyChOStaLk3r

PsyChOStaLk3r Member

look im not tryin to be meen or anything, but my man willy wanka's right...alot of people may say it doesn't affect they're driving and yeah it's true some times it doesn't, and thats cool too, but...alot of us want this shit legalized, and we cant do it if we're being irresponsible with the herbal supplament, as u can see im a complete stoner and almost my whole life i've wanted to legalize weed, me and my father, and thats a huge problem we have had...is kid no a days dont realize that driving under the influence, is not only fun, and cool, but to "some" and im not saying all but to some it can be dangerious and what better way to legalize the shit then just kinda obey rules and stay out of conflict, just kinda be chill with a joint in ur house or in the woods, please visit my site www.legalize.com

KEEP UR HEAD UP GUYS, every voting session has the magic question

legalize the green??? just say yes and plz plz VOTE

weed is not a drug, its a, organic food, and it should not be abused

4. RoBoWaLkEr

RoBoWaLkEr Member

I think that for the most part, people who drive stoned (though not completely plastered) drive as good as, if not better than sober people. This is because when you drive high, you usually get all paranoid and shit and take extra care not to speed, and you watch the road better and stuff.

5. reef

reef Member

driving high is risky. most times i'll drive fine, but sometimes... i'll just zone out for a few seconds, then i'll come back to reality and kinda laugh it off when i should be like wtf.

though i hate it when i see a po po. one of the few things that'll make me jump even when i know im driving fine. even when im sober they make me uneasy.

6. PsyChOStaLk3r

PsyChOStaLk3r Member

TO ALL U IGNORANT PEOPLE!!!

since i was ten years old me and my dad have been making campaigns to legalize the shit and we have gone to certain events and the number one question is how can we prevent kids from driving on this stuff DONT BE FUCING STUPID u fucking idiots all u fucking people suck! if u can drive good on the shit then thats cool but dont fucking do it, we can legalize the shit if ignorant people are abusing it! dont be fucking stupid!!

ahhhhh im having a bad day and it feels good to do some online yelling lol sorry guys im in a bad mood!

7. ericf

ericf Member

You get on people's cases when they drive high because you think it harms the chances of it being legalized. I think the larger problem, in most people's eyes, is underage use. Most places that have an actual plan to legalize pot recognize that minors should not be smoking it. Your use, for whatever reasons you use it, is also harming the effort to legalize it. Many people I have talked to about legalization are worried that it would increase the use among minors. These people hardly ever mention people driving while stoned. I don't think people should drive stoned but I think you are the biggest hypocrite here. Put down the pipe yourself and lead by example. Don't yell at others for harming the cause while you undermine it yourself. :cool:

8. alice11

alice11 Member

My friends do it all the time when they have to, we've never had any problems. They're smart enough not to go to fast when they're stoned. And cops have no idea that they're stoned when they get pulled up. I guess you *could* call them ignorant, but I really don't think that my friends are going to be the ones responsible for not having marijuana legalized when all they wanna do is just get their cars home safely :p

9. BrokenDebaser

BrokenDebaser Member

i think its fine to drive high just dont smoke while driving..

10. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

#1 Shut the fuck up.

#2 I agree with what ericf typed.

11. alice11

alice11 Member

*applauds*

12. reef

reef Member

some people can.... some people can't...but shit is always gonna happen.

13. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

I think if people were primarily worried about the use of pot among minors and were smart, they'd push for legalization, which allows for regulation - the illegality of pot really doesn't make it less accessible. In fact it's easier for me to get pot than alcohol. You don't have to find someone who's 21 to get you pot.

14. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

There's actually studies that have proven that people are more catious when they are stoned. Sure, when your blown out of your mind and don't even know your own name, you probably shouldn't drive. But in those situations, you wouldn't be able to find your keys.. or your car for that matter. I know when I drive stoned I'm extra-careful and I drive really slow. And I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that if everyone stopped driving stoned, pot would get legalized. Hell, people drive drunk and that's still legal.

15. gEo_tehaD_returns

gEo_tehaD_returns Senior Member

I'm a terrible driver as it is. But, I am much worse when high. Because I'm an idiot, i still end up driving my friends around while we're all high. We have all kinds of close calls, but I've never actually been in an accident or recieved a ticket. Still, you're kidding yourself if you think you have the same driving ability when you're high. I guess theres less chance of a fatal accident than on, say, alcohol. The problem comes when you come to intersections and other complicated stuff. I think pot makes the likelihood of a costly accident much higher.

16. sweet_mama

sweet_mama Member

Nicely put. I agree whole-heartedly.
    Just as a side note, when I used to smoke, I loved taking a nice "high-ride", whether alone or with a friend. The only thing that got on my nerves was how tweaked I got every time I saw a white car, even if it turned out not to be a cop car. That part sucked. But I found it to be very relaxing...we do have a lot of back-woods country roads here, though, so that might be a factor. I wouldn't want to drive through the city all stoned...

17. Tykn130

Tykn130 Member

One time 1 of my friend came to my school and he had a SUV so like all my friends around 6 went to the car and we blaze and my other friend past a joint to my friend that was driving and me almost hit a 18 wheeler. That was tripping

18. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

yeah that's true.. but once it gets legalized.. no one will be paranoid anymore so the driving will get careless etc
    I think it would be awesome if weed became legalized... but if there was some structure about being undertheinfluence while driving that would be good.

19. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

I really don't know why you keep saying this, it's absolutely absurd.

20. alice11

alice11 Member

Well it may be easier for you, but it's definatly not as easy for me. And well, in theory, the fact that weed is illegal is going to make weed less accessible, than if it were legal. People are afraid of raids, if your town/neighbourhood had alot of police then I'm pretty sure you're not going to see any dealers hanging around.
    Of course it's going to be alot easier for someone over 21 (18 in Australia) to buy alcohol, because well there's absolutely nothing wrong with someone doing that unless they give some to a minor. But it's illegal for people of ALL ages to buy weed, so you'd think that that fact alone would make it pretty hard for someone to buy. But there's always going to be the chance of getting caught if you smoke pretty often.
    I wish it were illegal, but I seriously doubt it will be for a long time.