driving high

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Willy_Wonka_27, May 13, 2004.

1. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

it aggravtes me when i see people driving while high...if people continue to do this we will never get this shit legalized...so if u could just stop...dont do it for me...do it for weed

2. dreamweaver

dreamweaver Member

i've been driving high since i first got my license, and i've never really had a problem doing it...i dont think weed really affects most peoples driving ability, and with me i'm a better driver when i'm high..well better is the wrong word, but i'm more likely to follow the speed limit and i'm a more conscientious driver and what not. i think people just need to use good judgement..don't drive if youre just stoned out of your mind, but as far as just being a little bit high and driving, i dont see a problem with it.

3. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

I've driven with many people that we're high. They drive normally or better. Driving high usually doesnt lower your driving ability, it just raises your awareness, which is a good thing. :)

4. babynug

babynug Member

hate to admit it but i have driven high alot. as i have gotten older(shit i am 32) i don' t do it all the time like i used to. but i think i drove alot better stoned than drunk! drunk you drive like an idiot and not realize it, atleast in my case.

5. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

I don't really think driving high is that big of an issue. If you're a heavy toker, the highs aren't likely to be mind-shattering. As long as you're an experienced smoker I don't have a problem with it, just don't do it if you're uber-stoned.

People need to learn their own limits, don't be stupid and try to drive when you're completely tore up.

Driving high is MUCH safer than driving drunk.

6. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

I drive high/while-getting-high more often than I drive sober. I speed a lot more and ignore certain laws when im sober though, so it really is better off that way...

7. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

^^^I agree, I have a need for speed when I drive sober. When I'm high I drive the speed limit and I am much more cautious.

8. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

I've driven high once... I was cautious as hell, drove real careful and didn't have any problems. In general stoned people drive super slow - as long as the driver's not totally blazed out of his gourd there generally isn't trouble. I still think it's not the best idea to drive high but it's not nearly as dangerous as drunk driving.

Friend of mine had this saying -

A drunk driver will see a red light, speed up, and drive right through it.
    A stoned driver will see a red light, stop, and stare at it for three hours.

9. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

I heard a joke kinda like that, it went:

What's the difference between a drunk driver and a stoned driver? The drunk driver will run through a stop sign, the stoned driver will wait for it to turn green.

10. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Funny story: when I was @19, I was driving home, I just finished smoking a joint when I come to a road block/liscense check. I was less than a mile from home. The cop looked at my liscense, walked over to the car. I was about to die, there was no avoiding the stench of pot in my car. But, he gave me my liscense back, told me to drive careful and sent me on my merry way. Phew!! I never smoked in my car again.

11. ericf

ericf Member

The real reason I won't drive stoned is because of the increased risk. You are much more likely to get yourself arrested. I have driven stoned before but it always bothers me -- especially if I have stuff in the car and I usually do at that time. I have driven high usually after buying something. I buy from friends so usually it is buy, toke, and go. Then I am high as hell and have junk in my car.

I think there is a good thing. I am MUCH more of a conformist when stoned. I don't try anything, I drive hyper focused, and obey every law. But I really wouldn't do it if i could avoid it. It isn't very safe and even if some drunk idiot hits me... then I still get screwed and it looks bad for all the stoners.

Please people be safe. In all honesty, you aren't going to run over some little girl on her bike (I fucking hate that commercial) but isn't it nicer to smoke at home or in the woods when you have nowhere to go? :eek:

12. Velouria

Velouria Member

I am more focused and more aware of driving laws and signs when I'm stoned. But I hate driving while stoned because I am too paranoid and afraid to drive fast like I usually do.

"If you are a little girl and you're stoned, don't ride your bike!"

13. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

I hate that commercial too. I'm glad that Dave Chappelle did a spoof on it.

14. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

there was actually a recent study which proved that smoking like .5 g actually improves driving. More than that, it starts to get worse, but it is obviously MUCH safer than drinking and driving. There are perscription medicines that make people more zoned out than pot, and they are still allowed to drive on them. Like eveyone else has said, if you are experianced with both pot and driving then there is really no problem. Just know when you are too stoned.

15. mikeyjwest

mikeyjwest Member

How does he know that they are high? Driving while high is better but its also good to have someon in the car who is a backseat driver, that way you dont have to think too much.

16. EleventhDimension

EleventhDimension Member

I wouldn't trust a backseat driver. The only time I've had a wreck was because I trusted my friend when she said it was clear. I was high at the time, and later she blamed that on the wreck... But I drive high more often than sober and I'm usually not as aggressive of a driver.. I don't understand how the hell these commercials come up with these statistics....

17. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

The government bullshits us. Thats why you need to get proper information from www.Erowid.org

18. luv2behigh

luv2behigh Member

exactly
    Some people shouldn't drive while high/getting high
    Some people it's just natural habit to them.

19. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

i drive while high/getting high.....done it drunk too....never had any problems....no one ive known has had a problem....my friend got home through DC back down here 2 hours of driving, completely room spiningly drunk.

20. SapphireSerenity

SapphireSerenity Member

I've never driven high... Well, I don't know how to drive either... lol.. But, I've been in the car w some people who were and they just pay real close attention to what they're doing.. I've also driven with drunk people too... They just goof off and speed up..