drinking...what are you feelings of it?

Discussion in 'Potent Potables' started by veroness, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Hardrockerdave94

Hardrockerdave94 Member

I love being drunk. Differently people act differently drunk, some of my friends turn a bit annoying, and some get in a bad mood, but for me it really brings out the best in me lol, I'm always talkative and laughing when I'm drunk. Only thing I hate is the hangovers, plus if you're trying to lose a bit of weight (which I am) alcohol has a lot of calories in.

2. hippyhappy

hippyhappy Member

3. tuesdaystar

tuesdaystar Interneter

I go months or years without drinking, but I also sometimes drink nearly every day for months.

There are some times that I seriously crave beer. At those times it feels theraputic/medicinal. I know that sounds like alcoholism/addiction, but I can't explain why it feels healthy at those times. It's like I'm really hungry and the best food is a 6-pack+

Most of the times that I drink, I don't get the craving. I just want to get drunk so I pound beer... That doesn't exactly feel healthy, but the high feels good at the time.

4. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

I didn't have a drink for more than 10 years, but don't believe I have no fun at parties. ;) MDMA is great for partying. Other research chems, plants or substances can be a lot of fun too.

I stopped because I just didn't like alcohol, the body feeling is disgusting, reminds me of the heaviness of opiates with a sticky, sweaty feeling and I feel so slow and numb on it. The many medical researches and articles I read after about the bad sides of alcohol on the mind and body at short, middle and long term convinced me I took a good decision.

5. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

Yeah, I enjoy just taking my Vyvanse (Dextroamphetamine) at parties along with a small amount of my (prescribed for treatment resistant bipolar disorder) Suboxone (opioid). I never get hungover. I never do something out of character. And I remember everything.

Plus, my Dad is an alcoholic and I am sickened when he gets trashed and never want to get like that.

6. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

I now like alcohol even less. My dad, who is in his LATE 50s, just got arrested for DUI the other day at 4:00 in the afternoon after work. How embarrassing. Since I don't live with my parents and my mother was working, his father (my grandparents live near my parents) had to come pick him up from the State Trooper barracks. He is a good person in every respect except his problem drinking.

I personally don't see what appeals to him about it, but something does, obviously. It is really just self-medication for his unresolved mental problems. Me (his son), his brother, AND his mother all have severe forms of Bipolar Disorder (mine leaning towards Schizoaffective) so the genetics are not on his side.

7. Psychadelia

Psychadelia Member

I often feel sick when drinking and remaining in the same place, I like to put the "Drunkness" to work and move around and be active. If the choice was presented I'd rather ingest some x.

8. cthulhu

cthulhu Member

I drank nearly every day for years, mostly for enjoyment but also to cope with being around other people in social situations. I would drink whatever was around, but favored top shelf beer. Some people say that they don't need to drink, but when they start they can't stop. I was the opposite; I drank every day, but was generally content with about 5 or 6 drinks. Which isn't to say that I never blacked out, which started happening more and more as time went on, leading me to engage in all sorts of mortifying behavior. For years I'd used opiates here and there and preferred them to any other kind of drug, but when my use ramped I lost interest in drink. Instead of feeling good and loose the experience of drinking became a dysphoric, tired, unpleasantly fuzzy stupor. A lot of opiate users report something similar happening. Ironically this happened around the time I briefly lived in Portland OR, the beer capital of the States (if not the world). I still have a beer or 2 every few months, but only the very best and not to attain intoxication. I haven't been drunk or even tipsy in nearly 2 years. On the other hand when it comes to GABA I love benzos as much as ever, because they affect me like booze did at first without any of the body load. Also because within safe doses they mix well with opiates the way alcohol doesn't.

9. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

I like it but it has too many side effects.

Chloral hydrate is the perfect alcohol replacement. Much cleaner feeling. GHB is nice too as long as you don't fall out.

10. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

I really enjoy drinking, but I don't like myself when properly drunk very much. under 4 drinks and I'm more social, but, even though I can handle a lot of liquor, anywhere beyond that and I am really anti-social and paranoid and act like a dick.

I would be really interested in trying an alcohol replacement -- something to do when my friends are drinking heavily that will loosen me up, but not give me negative side affects that I dislike. I still love drinking for the taste, but I can only drink with friends when its in small amounts, socially. Maybe I could use chloral hydrate for when my friends want to get hammered,

I've really never heard of many people using it recreationally before. There's not even a single report about it on erowid. Could you tell me more about your experience with it?

11. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

I dont drink but i dont judge otheres that do

12. CherokeeMist

CherokeeMist Senior Member

i'm totally on board with what meatwagon said a few years ago. it's really the only thing i can rely on that doesn't make me feel weird.

that being said i only drink beer these days and that's a strict strict rule. alone or not i just plain can't handle anything stronger and plus i don't even enjoy the taste of wine or liquor OR the effects so why bother.

but i love me a good beer and i drink often.

13. AceK

i drink almost every day, I alwys walk a certain path to the liquor store and a different route back. And I've found myself going to different liquor stores in the same day, so I don't look like a drunk since I know the cashiers so much, should I care? Does that make me an alcoholic?

14. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

You drink almost every day, regularly?
    Yes, that is the definition of an alcoholic.
    It doesn't really matter how much you drink but how often.

May I ask why you drink almost every day?

15. AceK

^idk, I guess cuz I don't have any benzos, I haven't ordered RC benzo analogs and buyihng off the street is to expensive at $2.50 a mg for xanax. Sometimes you can buy 10 green footballs for $8 but still. I probly shouldn't but I do.

16. MrKewl

MrKewl Member

Every hipster that smokes weed for a few weeks will eventually start yelling about how they hate alcohol or being around anyone that drinks it. Don't worry, you'll grow out of it soon. One drug doesn't make you cooler than another.

17. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

I assume you have anxiety problems?
    There's a good thread about it here: http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=471747&f=385

What else have you tried besides chemicals (meds and drugs)?

18. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Everyone has a vice. For some, it is coffee. For others, it is cigarettes. For yet another group of people, it is alcohol. Coffee and cigarettes are no less dangerous than alcohol. Moderation is the key.

19. AceK

What else can you try, walking through nature at the park for 30min a day...the park down the block is small, mostly concrete with some nice looking plants, there is some big parks tho, one is fuckin huge, 16 blocks long and 3 blocks wide, but in that direction the blocks are longer, the equivalent of "avenue blocks" in manhattan which are close to a 2:1 l/w rectangle.

I also just kinda like to get fucked up, and I cut a lot of drug use out of my day to day...crystal meth, then smack, then pills on the regular, I still sometimes do pills, usually klonopin or xanax, or percocets but not every day or even on every weekend. It's now mostly alcohol use, and grass but I don't even smoke grass every day.

20. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I usually feel sick when I drink. The only way I get drunk is if I babysit one strong drink for like two hours, and I have to eat before or during to avoid the stomach upset. It's too much effort lol drinking has never been my thing, I'd rather smoke a bowl and chill. Easy peasy.