drinking alone

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Carlfloydfan, May 3, 2007.

1. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I'm drinking alone right now. It's pretty fun, actually.

2. fexurbis

fexurbis Member

I used to drink whisky by myself, smoking cigars, in my tiny room with the lights off and the door closed, in total depression, pain, solitude...my hands and body shaking due to affectionate deprivation, and resenting the world at large. No music, no nothing. Sometimes contemplating suicide. Never again.

I have an alcohol problem so I figure it's best if I don't drink alone at all. And as of now I'm trying my best to avoid hard liquor.

3. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

sounds like Steppenwolf. You ever read it?

4. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I drink with my friends Johnny Walker and Jimmy Beam.

:leaving:

5. alex714

alex714 To the Left

I am absolutely ambivalent when it comes to this. I will isolate myself for the sake of "protecting" myself from what becomes a very threatening outside world; it gets to the point where I think I am forming agoraphobia. Then, at others, I let go of all my worries of whatever it is I found threatening and submerb myself into it, thinking along the lines of "can't beat them, might as join them." I have become a person of solitude, even though I feel that by nature I am very social, so the two are always fighting with one another (esp. with my insecurities), which leds to contrary behaviours often enough.

6. fexurbis

fexurbis Member

Never. I didn't think it was about that????

7. fexurbis

fexurbis Member

I am really, really intrigued by you. What are you're insecurities? I know you want to post them. PM perhaps?

8. beautifulhippie2

beautifulhippie2 TyeDyeChicka!

Every once in awhile it's ok, but most times I'd rather another person or two!

9. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

No, not really, although I definitely am more outgoing with alcohol. Normally I'm quite shy in social situations.

I think for me, it's more of a trying to maintain "perfection" image-wise, like I always have everything under control, calm, cool, collected, and I view my alcohol consumption as a weakness on my part. :&