drinking alone

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Carlfloydfan, May 3, 2007.

1. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I refuse to drink and drive and havent many friends, so I drink alone alot.

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I don't care much for the company of other people. I am a loner by nature, so it's only natural I drink alone most of the time.

3. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Why do you not care for the company of people?

4. crummyrummy

because they are all out to get him :p

5. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Awwww you..... haha, be nice.

6. crummyrummy

I stuck my tounge out
    *innocent eyes*

7. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i drink alone...but i rather enjoy drinking with my friends much more

8. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

No, I never drink alone... I think it's a bit depressing for me.

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I don't relate well to most people. It's not so much that I don't care for the company of others, it's just the company of most people that I know (ie. "friends" and acquaintances). If it's somebody who is on the same wavelength as me (which is rare) then it's a different story. If I cannot be around people I can relate to on some level, then I'd rather keep to myself. I do not mind solitude at all. I treasure it more than most people do. I rarely feel "lonely."

10. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I pretty much like drinking, and when i get to be alone drinking I feel kind of happy to get the time

I also don't really like many social occasions without drinking, unless you are doing something in particular, sitting around with other people eating, or on a porch, pretty much want to be drinking....having something else to focus on to and I don't think about it

11. crummyrummy

believe it or not rat, I do understand, I also treasure my solitude.
    I also treasure the family I picked ( the people that get me), and I assume you do as well.
    cheers, um...co-poster

12. lace_and_feet

Ah, I can relate to that. I'm having a hell of a time trying to find some friends that are on the same wavelength. Especially female friends; I feel like all the girls my age I encounter are trying to epitomize the Girls Gone Wild.

13. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I usually drink alone because I try to hide the fact that I'm even drinking. Well, I'll sneak a few drinks and then go out and be around people, so would that still be considered drinking alone or not?

14. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

It takes me 3 hours to finish a beer unless I'm working in the yard on a hot day. Sometimes after the boys go to bed my husband and I will do 1 shot of either whiskey or tequila. Other than that I'm not much of a drinker.

15. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I don't drink alone, don't really see the point honestly...

But I drink with people, yesssssssir, drink a lot with people.

Ganja is different, I don't smoke anymore, but that something that you can also do alone, and is actually sometimes nicer to enjoy a nice high alone than have to listen to some stoned pseudo-intellectual philosophize about "like dude... religion sucks" while trying not to eat his eyeballs.

16. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

:lol:

17. lace_and_feet

Interesting. Do you do this so people won't attribute the way you're acting (more outgoing?) with the alcohol?

18. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

If I have a drink in my hand or a cig in my hand when in a social situation where I don't know anyone it makes me more secure Gary... Is it something like that for you too?

and I don't normally drink alone at all.

But weed...I do love me my buzz by myself better than with people often. I love to smoke and go into nature and just feel...not have to talk or communicate..I also love to smoke and clean...lol...sounds fun huh? Or smoke and hang out with the kids...helps relax meh.

19. texasmade3

texasmade3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Somtimes I will go a month without drinking and then somtimes i will drink 4 days of the week fora month. and then somtimes 2 weeks straight. its really weird.. It was the same with cigarettes when i did smoke.. I guess i have really good will power with anything. i quit smoking cold turkey without and withdrawal and need or a cig at all.. and i smoked for 4 years . strange to me but oh well

20. fexurbis

fexurbis Member

Gosh, I wish I could learn to not suffer from solitude. My life is a most solitary one because I don't sacrifice my integrity and idiosyncrasies to "fit in", and I'm not the most outgoing of persons (in a certain sense).

I have many insecurities too.

I do enjoy solitude some, but then it turns into suffering and resentment.