drinking alone

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Carlfloydfan, May 3, 2007.

1. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

I don't drink often, maybe once or a twice a week. But when I do, I prefer to do it alone.

I like that I can just put on whatever music I want, walk around in my pajama pants and surf the web, ect. for an hour if I feel the need. I'm not obligated to put on certian songs for friends. I know that sounds selfish, but its more of just abiding by my natural flow. I like to put on some Blues rock, drink a six pack, than stumble over to... somewhere... in the apartment to lay down and space out to some post rock or some other instrumental stuff. Than wake up, WMP going through my list of songs. Oddly enough, it is usually on some indie rock or classic rock that I have not heard in a while, long past the post rock of an hour ago. And I just dig the music, simple as that. I like when I wake up/become more aware of my surroundings again, I often see music in a new light..I like that feeling, but it is hard to explain. It just adds to everything.

I like to think deeply when drunk, and be alone with my thoughts, away from crowded apartments/dorms and crappy music.

anyone else like to drink alone?

2. alex714

alex714 To the Left

I used to drink and get very drunk alone, which was completely self destructive. When it gets to the point of getting continually plastered alone, I think something needs to be addressed, either why you're abusing the substance or why the choice to do so in solitude. That being said, I don't think theres anything terribly self destructive with what you're doing....but I say be careful because a drinking habit can easily spiral out of control.

3. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I like to drink "alone" but I'll usually be on the computer or the phone if I'm "by myself"

4. texasmade3

texasmade3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Somtimes I have a few beers alone and surf the web while listening to music.

I believe it's only self destructive if you let it be..

For me it is not destructive because I am having a good time doing it, and dont do it everyday and let it interfear with my life.

5. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

When I used to drink I rarely drank alone. Weed was quite another matter. Saturdays commonly started with a wake and bake... loved combining my first morning coffee with a couple bong hits. Ahhh I do miss weed! Perhaps some day...

6. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I missed weed too until recently. Now I haven't been drinking just smoking and I'm so much better. haha.....

7. stonedmonkiwana

stonedmonkiwana K9 Handler

I never drink alone.

8. masterofpuppest

masterofpuppest blank

I don't usually start out the night drinking alone, but when I am drinking and other people leave/fall asleep, I find myself in front of the computer by myself with a drink, and it's fun :) I usually end up playing online scrabble, haha.

9. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I absolutely loved weed- a tad too much if the truth be told. I relied far too heavily on it to deal with stress. What can I say- it works so well.

10. masterofpuppest

masterofpuppest blank

I do smoke weed alone regularly, though, although I would prefer to smoke with someone else most of the time.

11. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

That's been this week for me. You'd be amazed what it helped me with. For me right now it's benefits far outway the negatives.

12. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I'd consider taking it back up to deal with my insomnia.

13. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

That's another thing... I have not slept better then this week in years. And I'm not kidding.

14. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Why'd you stop smoking it?

15. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Multiple reasons..

I was overdo on my annual clean out the system break- took a large hit from a three-quarters smoked party bowl and fell into the requisite coughing spasms that in this case persisted for a couple hours- couldn't talk, take a deep breath, or much else without a nasty gagging cough... This incident signaled the onset of a sensitivity to smoke that caused my chest to close up and I'd be struggling to wheeze a lungful. Additionally I'd awaken often with diminished respiratory capabilities that would respond to an over-the-counter asthma remedy. This has diminished steadily over the past year or so.

Then there's the whole handling stress facet where I found myself ill-prepared to deal with everyday tragedies without my little green crutch. Apart from one recent visit to a friend's place where I did after nearly a four year hiatus, take a couple bong hits, I've been smoke free.

16. lace_and_feet

Wow, that sounds kinda scary. Have you though about eating it?

17. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

The experimental trek briefly off the wagon was successful in that my bronchial tubes did not close up. If I decide to use it for a sleep aid it will me lit and smoked. It's tough to measure the effect if ingested- as well as limit the time of the effect. The lungs offer an efficient way quickly into the bloodstream. My use of it would be limited to bedtime for the purpose of establishing sleep.

18. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I'm not sure that made sense... I think I just confused myself.

19. lace_and_feet

I understand. Good luck with the insomnia.

20. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I had to read it twice.