dreams and marijuana

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by MagicSwhirlingShip, Jan 31, 2005.

1. MagicSwhirlingShip

MagicSwhirlingShip Member

Ive been smokeing for comeing up on 2 years know 1 year every day. Usually when i smoke during the day i will not have dreams at night or just not remeber them this is most of the days. Days when i dont smoke its really wierd i always have really detailed dreams that seem very real and i can remeber them perfectly.

My theory for why this is happening is because the bud is messing up my short term memory therefore when i wake up i cant remember my dream. My question is has anyone ever expierenced this before? also what are some of your theorys of why this happens?

2. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

that sometimes happens to me. But i love going to sleep and dreaming, its like one of the funnest things to do for me:) .

3. MagicSwhirlingShip

MagicSwhirlingShip Member

I hate falling asleep. It scares me probally because im afraid of leaving the reality i know and going into a different one.

4. phoenix88

phoenix88 Member

Going into a different reality would be fun if you ask me.

5. delta9

delta9 Member

I go into different realities all the time...

Anyway, pot is known to suppress your memory of dreams. You still dream, you just don't remember them unless they were really intense.

6. mboz

mboz Member

yah wow thats crazy that is wat exaclty happens to me also. it has to do becuz u are stoend and u just pass out and ur mind int really working alot wen ur sleeping stoned, wen ur out, your OUT, but wen u sleep totaly sober(menaing not msoking all day) ur brain is more active and aware so u have more brain activity wen u sleep, somehting like that

7. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

well, ive had and remembered lucid dreams on teh same day as gettin high.

i often have great dreams when stoned because, i remember the feelings i have in dreams, though not any specifics. like, ill wake up and be like 'shit i was having such a great time just then' and then have no recollection of why. also waking up and being like 'FUCK OFF WORLD' and then realising your just awake and that tehre was something in the dream you just had that was pissin you off.

8. guitarslinger

guitarslinger Schwa

I never remeber my dreams when stoned, never have either. I have these two friends there brothers and they always have these crazy dreams they talk about. So with me yeah it makes me not remember them but for others it does the opposite

9. RoBoWaLkEr

RoBoWaLkEr Member

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I haven't been smoking at all for the past couple weeks (for reasons of job hunting, and just wanting to cut down for a while) and I've noticed that now I remember my dreams almost every night, as opposed to when I was smoking on a daily basis I would almost never remember any of my dreams. Weird...

10. I_Am_A_Robot

I_Am_A_Robot Member

yes there is a way to save yourself from not remembering your dreams or not having any. there is a drug which reduces the problems ( like this one) from everyday and long term use of marijuana. its caled melatonin , read about it on erowid.org
    it is legal as far as i know
    and works in the brainstem if i remember correctly making dreams vivid and such
    people who work on lucid dreaming ( controlling your dreams ) will take melatonin or drugs similair

11. Sheebs

Sheebs Member

Do u guys ever smoke in your dreams and you're actually high in the dream. I always found this to be pretty cool, atleast until i wake up get bummed cuz the dream was alot happier than reality.

12. Obscured By Clouds

Obscured By Clouds Member

Rofl just last week I dreamt a friend from school came over and gave me like a pound of free bud and I had to put it in my pockets. I remember massive amounts of keef falling off of the buds (no idea why) and his mom coming and picking him up. (she was mad I think) Then I woke up and was bummed. Heh.

Another one last month, I dreamt I was ripping killer hits from this awesome bong and the bong was a neon green color. Wierd

13. RoamingGnome

RoamingGnome Member

I rarely, if ever, remember dreams I've had while sober, but I'll usually remember at least one if I fall asleep high. But they are really bizarre. The "plot" is usually all weird and there's lot's of odd connections in events. You can tell a stoned mind produced it. Fun stuff.

14. deserttraveler

deserttraveler Member

yeah I sleep like I'm dead when I smoke
    soooo no remembering dreams for me

Sometimes I remember them sober, but not a lot...