Dreamed up an awesome protest. Lolz.

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Argiope aurantia, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Argiope aurantia

Argiope aurantia Member

Literally, I just woke up from the dream. I can't remember what we were protesting, but it made a lot of people angry. It had to, because this took a LOT of people to pull off.

We all blocked off the WalMart cash registers, two or three to a register aisle with a banner spread between us to interrupt the flow of traffic. On the banners were printed whatever complaint we had (I really cannot remember!). And we were singing non-religious Christmas carols, alternated with patriotic songs. I do remember that we had decided beforehand not to include any religious songs, as a church could easily hijack the game. We also had "sleeper" protesters in the crowd of onlookers, so that when the coppers came and arrested one a couple more would step out of the crowd and take their places. We shut down a whole WalMart for at least a day.

The logic was that no one listens to protesters these days, they just make fun of the picketers by the road. So if we wanted anyone to think about the issue at hand, we had to shut down something BIG.

Had to post this idea somewhere, it was too cool to keep quiet. :)

2. dizz36

dizz36 Member

Hahah i had a dream once that they outlawed music and i was protesting that hahh

3. OhSoDreadful

OhSoDreadful Childish Idealist

well I think the only logical conclusion here is that you were protesting walmart in it's entirety

I support your cause! :p

4. Argiope aurantia

Argiope aurantia Member

Considering the carols and my mentality, I would imagine it was more the over-commercialization of Christmas. WalMart annoys me, but most of the annoyance stems from the fact that there's no other stores in the area to get what they sell (I'm working on that.).

Christmas shopping season, however, pisses me off.

5. Harutz

Harutz Member

What about making huge banners, climbing to the roof of as many stores as possible and dropping them over the WalMart sign?
    Then barricade the entrance with shopping carts and carrolers.