Dream help and tips

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by freshdood, May 26, 2007.

1. freshdood

freshdood Member

I have dont have much trouble remembering my dreams, but I was wondering if there was anything I could do to make my dreams more intense or to have lucid dreams. Ive been reading about lucid dreaming alot and it seems the more I read the closer i get to lucid dreaming but I havnt had an actual lucid dream yet. Does anyone have any tips on how to enhance your dreaming?

thank you in advance

2. plumtaste

plumtaste Member

yesterday i dreamt that i was preparing to go abroad for a vacation. i was preparing the suitcases and all the stuffs. what could this mean.....

3. Heretic

Heretic Member

I have a few ways of making my own dreams more intense.

One thing I found was that by keeping a dream journal, and recording all the occurances that happened in my dream, my dreams had started to become more intense. I don't know if the reason was that I was expecting the intense dreams, or if the act of remembering the dreams in detail had any effect over it. But I'm sure there was a increase in the intensity of the dream.

Another thing I can do is to lie down in bed and to let images and thoughts pop in and out of my mind. Usually I get some very strange thoughts images. It's just a wild collage of images and whenever I fall asleep after performing this exercise at night, I tend to have more pronounced dreams.

Try these and see if they work for you.

4. gs1391

gs1391 Member

ive heard interesting people have interesting dreams, not saying ur boring or anything im just saying more information and a bigger pool of thought to dream about might help, my father always told me of his crazy dreams of things such as indiana jones sort dreams before it came to be and basically my father , only thing he did in his childhood is read books and more books, he always tell me about him feeling sorry for everyone who doesnt have dreams like him, and i am jealous too, but i have to say i have some pretty weird dreams.

5. Avocado Noni

Avocado Noni Member

6. dreamblogger

dreamblogger Member

hey freshdood,

Lucid dreaming is really interesting, but as you've been reading about it I don't think I need to convince you. One tip I recall from a great dream book is to meditate on a common dream theme. Repeat to yourself that the next time "___ you are flying, you find yourself inside a tree, etc" you will realize you are dreaming. That's the trick of course, realizing you're dreaming.
    In terms of intensity, I don't know but I think it has probably got to do more with processing your waking emotions etc. than anything else, but you could also try contemplating something that really gets you deeply interested or excited before bed.
    Tell me how it works out!
    -Meredith

7. White Feather

White Feather Senior Member

If I said give up all meat, give all all processed sugar products, give all junk food, don't smoke, don't drink alcohol, drink more water, don't eat transfats and hydrogenated oils, don't drink any sodas, eat more raw veggies, etc., would you do it?

If all you wanted were to have more intense dreams, you could just consume more food with MSG in it. (I can't eat MSG because it gives me heart palpitations).

8. dreamblogger

dreamblogger Member

MSG-- cool! I haven't heard that before. (maybe that's why I like bad Chinese food so much-- although it's not exactly healthfood :/ ) My ex looked for and finally found an herb he swore helped him... I want to say monkwort (totally unsure about that, so don't trust me) but I know valerian and such is supposed to help. Don't know if it interacts with any medications, though something like People's Pharmacy might be able to tell you.