Dreads

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by lala301987, Jun 26, 2017.

1. lala301987

lala301987 Members

hey everyone... I have a quick question.. I Got my dreads going by backcomb method, no wax or products, only a week old today, but they don't even look like anything. A lot of loose hairs and frizz. Can someone help? My hair is curly and thick and it just looks an absolute messssss. tia

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Congrat's This Is What's Called The "Hobo Hair" Or The "Birds Nest" Stage......Your Hair May Look Like

This For Months Before Mother Nature Begins To Naturally Form Dreads... :yikes: ...In The Meantime

I Suggest You Do What I Did......Avoid Mirrors, And When Somebody Looks At You In Sheer Horror

Just Give Them The Evil Eye Back As If ItTis They Who Have The Problem Not You...... :D .

Enjoy Your Journey.......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  3. fundoo

fundoo Members

yes, be patient and don't go reaching for the hook. (in my opinion). be really really patient. I like the, no looking in mirrors idea. hehe unless you revel in messy hair, which i kinda do :D Or wear a hat! ;) Some hats, like wool, might actually help you dread faster...but it will still look messy.

oh man though, enjoy the journey!! After the first few months phase is over, it really starts moving along quicker and before you know it (so I've heard) you'll be missing the early days!! or maybe just being able to look back and laugh and help others. :D

1 person likes this.