Dreadlocks are cool but hey are fucked

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by THE_duder, Aug 20, 2005.

1. THE_duder

THE_duder Member

You get lots of bugs and shit in them i less that 6 month. Hard to wash and evrything. I wanna get dreads myslefe when my beatutifull hair get longer but fuck i heard so many bad thins about them.

2. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

i've had mine 14 years never had bugs never had a prob washing them (well now that theyre4 to my knees i get a stiff meck when theyre wet cause it adds 20 pounds, but hey its fun when ya got someone to lend a hand in the shower :)) dreadsare way easier to care for thn undreadd hair & theres no such thing ads a bad hair day with dreads

3. dcdude

dcdude Member

This is true. Before I had my dreads and had a short hair style or long hair, there was always a certain way I wanted it too look, and it took time to brush it right, dry it, condition it, etc. and if it didn't look the way I watned it, it would be a bad hair day. But with dreads, they're all unique and individual so you wake up in the morning not having to brush/style/etc. because they're great and individual no matter how they look

4. knottyinthemaritimes

knottyinthemaritimes Member

thats the dumbest thing ive ever herd its really easy 2 wash much less hassle that regular hair i dont have bugs and all those bad things came from non dreaded people so get ur shit straight dumbass sorry if im being rude but read what you wrote and try to convince me thats not rude

5. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

Where the heck do people get their information???

*giggles*

6. Wetbikerider

Wetbikerider Member

i seen bugs in them before

7. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

I love it how misinformed morons with straight hair try to tell dreadheads how bad dreads are.

8. dcdude

dcdude Member

yes, and you probably saw bugs on the head of someone who'd have bugs in their hair no matter HOW it was, dreaded or otherwise

9. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

i had a praying mantis hang out in my dreads an entire day..& after he left the tree he hopped onto gave me whatever i thought about as i fell asleep..4 nights in a row i found bags of weed under the tree when i woke & the last night 2 mellons & a quart of milk (which is odd that i thought of that before goin to sleep since i'm usualy not into either)

also when i had a boa constrictor all the vietnamese kids in the neighbourhood kept bringin me dozens of little snakes they caught in an alley, i used to put 10 or so in my dreads & they'd disapear..& i'd go out like that & i'd be at a party & just talkin to some chick & 1 or 2 snakes would come pokin theyre heads out & freak the chick out..lol..that wasa long tome ago..but it was funny

10. positive vibes

positive vibes Member

Hahahahah soaringeagle that story is hilarious.

But The_duder, a word of advice, before posting threads, perhaps you should have a look around the forum, to hear experiences, so you will be able to differentiate between myth and fact :)

11. skankleft

skankleft Member

hahaha.... I love it when people believe all the shit they hear about dreads. They are full of bugs, dirty, you have ot shave your head, oh there is so much..

12. positive vibes

positive vibes Member

^^^^

Skankleft,,, bUT ITS TRUE!!! all dreads are dirty, have bugs and smell. Or so thats what the old ladies at bingo tell me. :rolleyes:

13. skankleft

skankleft Member

Haha awesome.. people tell me that at times too. It's so funny how people don't want to touch my hair and when they do they wash their hands after.. hahaha.

I love you sig pic by the way

14. MaryJeanne

MaryJeanne Member

yeah, my boss and mom tell me how nasty they are, but they are clean, just not brushed hair. i really really love my dreadies!!

15. daveymoore

daveymoore Member

i get asked almost on a daily basis, "is your hair dirty, how often do you wash it, what about bugs". well i simply say my hair isas clean as yours, it just grows into big knots instead of growing straight. for the most part people come to realize that dreads are not dirty at all but very clean. sometimes though older people have a hard time accepting my answers and look at me like i'm medusa's brother or something, a tell tale sign that no matter what you say in response to them matters because they have already formed their opinion. so to those people i wish them a good day and off i go.

16. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

no one even asks about mine anymore LOL

i woldnt mind if they are genuine about asking but most people around here do it to be rude or look cute infront of their 14 year old friends =)

it is funny tho because i was buying fabric the other day and the woman just asked "you dont eat meat do you" out of nowherem guess she saw my hair and skirt and figured, I bet this chik is all natural and stuff LOL =) it was cute

17. knottyinthemaritimes

knottyinthemaritimes Member

i find that quite funny as all the people in my age around here are generally interested in mine (im 14 going 2 be 15 in 2 months) the only thing ive herd other than like thats kool or when ru gonna take thoes out? and some others the only dumb 1 ive herd from someone around my age was dont u have 2 put honey in your haire and not wash it for a year to get that.... wich i found funny because i was in her class the year befor and i odviously dident have honey in my hair