Dreadlock soap

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by ArtLoveMusic, May 26, 2004.

1. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Hey all :0
    My mum makes soaps and i sujjested to her (as i have my little beauties) that she make some dreadlock soap.
    Thing is i dont know whats in it, i think it the same as normal soap but with a few ingreediants changed or excluded. could anyone give me a hand with whats in it?

2. serra

serra tentacle girl

one thing with dread soap is you gotta be careful about oils and scents. dreadies dont want a lot of oily things that will linger because they'll start getting nasty after a while.

something that will rinse clean from hair is important.

some things that i KNOW are used in other dread soaps are tea tree, rosemary and peppermint essential oils. also aloe would be a good thing too, i think because dreadies are prone to itchiness/dandruff.

also anything that would "condition" the hair in any way is a bad thing. and also no lauryl sulfates.

but that sounds like an awesome idea! let me know how they turn out! i volunteer to be a tester! :wink:

3. ArtLoveMusic

Hehe yea i've already tole her to avoid any oils and moisterisers/ conditioners. and yea sure as soon as we get some ill let you know :p

4. serra

serra tentacle girl

sweeeeeet! =)

5. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Dreddie soap would work good on a hawk wouldnt it? If so I wanna some

6. sarahstar

sarahstar Member

hey hey :)

i make some dread soap, and everyone has given you some really good advice. if she's been making soap for a while, she should have a pretty good idea of what oils and percentages just from what everyone has said...

i only use veggie oils, and i know some do use others (like lard) so i would have no idea what suggestions to give with that one.

if you have any questions, you can pm me or send me an email (sarahstar@lucidhaze.com). pretty much what i did is research, test, research, test, lol. i'm happy with what i've come up with.

if anyone is lookin for some, i do have it up on my site, if you order, make sure you let me know in the box for other information that you are from the forums :)

~sarah

7. ArtLoveMusic

thank you so much all, i shall pass on what you said to my mum :) im sure she will appreciate it greatly, i know me and my dreadies will :)