Dreadlock Forum: Knotty Know-How

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by DancerAnnie, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evil Icecube

Evil Icecube Member

I'm going to get fake dreads. I hate it but my hair is just to thin and doesnt grow!

I SHALL HAVE DREADS :(

2. blue skys

blue skys Member

3. WynterFrost

WynterFrost Short Bus Rider

wow those are prudy

4. Billie

Billie Member

I backcombed my hair today and got some fat dreads goin on.. they arent locked up yet.. and im scared they are just going to unravell.. is there anyhting to keep em together.. everyone says no wax. what then?
    help guys
    billie

5. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

GO TO THE KNOTTY-KNOW HOW THREAD!

Don't people know how to read?

6. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

if you read the first page ofthis thread youd know this ISNT the knoty know how forum. she posted a link to it here:

http://hipforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209

check us out.

7. ArtLoveMusic

this is not correct. i have dead straight hair when not locked. i didnt go to anyone who "knew what the ywer doing" i back combed once and left them to knotty up. I have friends with dead straight hairand great dreads who didnt even back comb. Its all about patience

8. ArtLoveMusic

with their high prices i wouldnt say the ywere the best dread locks siter ever/. www.knottylocks.tk is a disscussion forum full of wonderfrul advice. an is our very own knotty kmnow how forum over in the personal forums section of hipforums. both of these places can give you advice one dreads and provide you with dread remedies that you can make YOURSELF without forking out the high prices knottyboy charge. Also theres lot of crafty drad folk who make beads and tams.

9. FiddlerOnTheRoof

FiddlerOnTheRoof Member

Am moving towards getting dreads for the craic* and experience of it. My hair is still a little too short, but this cool thread is inspiring me to tell my hair to grow faster so I can speed things along and lock my hair up like it stole something!

*craic= fun (Irish)

10. YEMphish21

YEMphish21 Member

i miss mine! i had them over the summer, but then they fell out [​IMG] my hair is too thin to hold them for very long. i've been putting in hair wraps and dreading what is underneath, so that way when i take out the hair wrap, the dread has tightened enough so it wont fall out. slow and tedious process...

11. Pool Shark

Pool Shark Member

I'd like to get dreadlocks, but I want to know if I'll look good with them, can someone go and look in my gallery and lemme know if I would or would not suit dreadies?

12. BeatnickToker

BeatnickToker Member

if anyone in the louisville, ky area needs a dreadman.... im your girl. lol im takin cosmetology school and i LOVE to do dreads!! not brave enough to do it to my own hair tho!!

13. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

What method did they teach you at cosmotology school?

14. Magical Fire Lady

Magical Fire Lady Senior Member

Mommy would hate me if I got dreads. =(

15. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

I dunno if you can see my dreadies in the pic in my signature, but I just put them in on sunday. I'll post better pics! I'm staying FAR away from wax!

16. dreadlockswampy

dreadlockswampy Swampmiester

But she lets you have bright red hair ??? Not that there's anythng wrong with that but try asking her !!

17. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

i thought my parents would hate my dreads because they are uber conservative, but they love them! My dad was giving me ideas on how to wear them too! Just do it. trust me, you'll be surprised about how your parents will react. Plus, it's your hair!!!

18. Magical Fire Lady

Magical Fire Lady Senior Member

My mom is weird about hair.. But yeah she has been more leniant since I've turned 18. But still.. She says she thinks dreadlocks are dirty, and she has a problem with dirty stuff. I don't know if they actually are dirty or not, I personally don't care.. Dreads are sweet.

Maybe I'll do it when I move out or something haha.

19. induce

induce Member

a nice work proceed

20. prismatism

prismatism loves you

oooh... awesome... YAY

*edit* i realized this makes no sense. i got dreads, but my picture is from before i had them... so... there you are...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.