Dr Fauci

Discussion in 'U.S.A.' started by Vladimir Illich, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This will upset all those Covid - 19 Deniers and Hephatrump supporters !!!

Quote From Dr. Fauci

“Chickenpox is a virus. Lots of people have had it, and probably don't think about it much once the initial illness has passed. But it stays in your body and lives there forever, and maybe when you're older, you have debilitatingly painful outbreaks of shingles. You don't just get over this virus in a few weeks, never to have another health effect. We know this because it's been around for years, and has been studied medically for years

Herpes is also a virus. And once someone has it, it stays in your body and lives there forever, and anytime they get a little run down or stressed-out they're going to have an outbreak. Maybe every time you have a big event coming up (school pictures, job interview, big date) you're going to get a cold sore. For the rest of your life. You don't just get over it in a few weeks. We know this because it's been around for years, and been studied medically for years

HIV is a virus. It attacks the immune system and makes the carrier far more vulnerable to other illnesses. It has a list of symptoms and negative health impacts that goes on and on. It was decades before viable treatments were developed that allowed people to live with a reasonable quality of life. Once you have it, it lives in your body forever and there is no cure. Over time, that takes a toll on the body, putting people living with HIV at greater risk for health conditions such as cardiovascular disease, kidney disease, diabetes, bone disease, liver disease, cognitive disorders, and some types of cancer. We know this because it has been around for years, and had been studied medically for years.

Now with COVID-19, we have a novel virus that spreads rapidly and easily. The full spectrum of symptoms and health effects is only just beginning to be cataloged, much less understood

So far the symptoms may include:

Fever

Fatigue

Coughing

Pneumonia

Chills/Trembling

Acute respiratory distress

Lung damage (potentially permanent)

Loss of taste (a neurological symptom

Sore throat

Headaches

Difficulty breathing

Mental confusion

Diarrhoea

Nausea or vomiting

Loss of appetite

Strokes have also been reported in some people who have COVID-19 (even in the relatively young)

Swollen eyes

Blood clots

Seizures

Liver damage

Kidney damage

Rash

COVID toes (weird, right?)

People testing positive for COVID-19 have been documented to be sick even after 60 days. Many people are sick for weeks, get better, and then experience a rapid and sudden flare up and get sick all over again. A man in Seattle was hospitalized for 62 days, and while well enough to be released, still has a long road of recovery ahead of him. Not to mention a $1.1 million medical bill.

Then there is MIS-C. Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children is a condition where different body parts can become inflamed, including the heart, lungs, kidneys, brain, skin, eyes, or gastrointestinal organs. Children with MIS-C may have a fever and various symptoms, including abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, neck pain, rash, bloodshot eyes, or feeling extra tired. While rare, it has caused deaths.

This disease has not been around for years. It has basically been 6 months. No one knows yet the long-term health effects, or how it may present itself years down the road for people who have been exposed. We literally *do not know* what we do not know.

For those in our society who suggest that people being cautious are cowards, for people who refuse to take even the simplest of precautions to protect themselves and those around them, I want to ask, without hyperbole and in all sincerity:

How dare you?

How dare you risk the lives of others so cavalierly. How dare you decide for others that they should welcome exposure as "getting it over with", when literally no one knows who will be the lucky "mild symptoms" case, and who may fall ill and die. Because while we know that some people are more susceptible to suffering a more serious case, we also know that 20 and 30-year-olds have died, marathon runners and fitness nuts have died, children and infants have died.

How dare you behave as though you know more than medical experts, when those same experts acknowledge that there is so much we don't yet know, but with what we DO know, are smart enough to be scared of how easily this is spread, and recommend baseline precautions such as:

Frequent hand-washing

Physical distancing

Reduced social/public contact or interaction

Mask wearing

Covering your cough or sneeze

Avoiding touching your face

Sanitising frequently touched surfaces

The more things we can all do to mitigate our risk of exposure, the better off we all are, in my opinion. Not only does it flatten the curve and allow health care providers to maintain levels of service that aren't immediately and catastrophically overwhelmed; it also reduces unnecessary suffering and deaths, and buys time for the scientific community to study the virus in order to come to a more full understanding of the breadth of its impacts in both the short and long term.

I reject the notion that it's "just a virus" and we'll all get it eventually. What a careless, lazy, heartless stance.”

granite45 and Idlewild like this.
  2. Varmint

Varmint Member

Funny how people feel this way about the disease, but never think the same way about vaccines. We've had all those viral diseases around for lifetimes and still have no reliable vaccines that work. Not for cold, flu, hiv, chicken pox (and other pox), mumps, measles, herpes, hpv, and now covid-19.

Of all these, none have been, in our lifetime, hyped like covid, except perhaps hiv, and still no vaccine. We have one for rabies and one for polio. While rabies is still rare, polio has been on the rise in recent years. I wonder how much of that is due to mutations? Come to think of it, flu mutates every year and the vaccine you get THIS year is actually for LAST year's variant, so it likely won't help.

I've said all the above NOT to diminish your concerns, but just to consider this simple question: What are the side effects going to be for a covid vaccine, and are they going to be worth it for those who suffer those side effects, or just for YOU? And then, will this virus mutate like other corona viruses do? These are things I'd absolutely have to know before submitting to any vaccine. And that is going to require time to gather data, since you can't study long-term side effects without time. Haste, as they used to say, makes waste, and nowhere can this waste be more devastating than with a vaccine on a new virus.

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  3. Vladimir Illich

I'm not medically qualified to answer the question you pose, however as and when such a vaccine becomes available, as one who is particularly vulnerable, I will have the vaccine.

4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Both the OP and the reply that you are responding to broadly explains why we don't all live forever.
    People need to be careful about vaccines in their younger years, but at our age, anything that can protect our increasingly frail bodies from organ failure is a bonus.

At the same time, maintain a healthy diet and enjoy your morning walk along the sea front before you log onto HF and have another rant about Boris. :yum:

Orison likes this.
  5. wilsjane

What you say is true. Life is such a complex issue.
    I won't add to this, or we could be going around in circles for days.

Perhaps my one comment is that antibiotics are also involved in the overall situation and should only be taken as a last resort when needed to prevent a bacterial attack leading to septicemia. It would be inserting to study the antibiotic history of those people who doctors have been unable to save from both corona and other viruses,

Around 700 people die in the UK daily from septicemia following living with lung cancer. These figures have severely distorted the corona deaths, since which virus that killed them was purely coincidental.
    My motto with antibiotics is "we only have 9 lives, so use them sparingly".

6. Vladimir Illich

I DO maintain a healthy diet, I follow a see food diet - see food eat it !!! and since I'm still shielded, I am not inclined to exercise either. However if I choose to criticise that blond khazi mop head - I will exercise my right of free speech and do so !!!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  7. wilsjane

The fact that you enjoy your food is great, I am sure that your carers keep you on a good nutritious diet. You should get out for a few walks along the sea front though, they will do a lot to keep your blood circulation and heart healthy.

8. Vladimir Illich

I don't have carers, I am capable of looking after myself and do so, and as I stated (above) since I'm still being shielded I am disinclined to 'go walkabout'.

9. wilsjane

Sorry, I assumed from that comment that you had someone to prepare your food.
    Be careful, but don't let this virus destroy your life, it is not as deadly as people often make out.
    Remember that in the UK alone, 750 people died every day from viruses following lung cancer, long before corona was even heard of.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Where is the link? Is all that post Faucis own words?

Because this part is rather counter-productive

"How dare you behave as though you know more than medical experts, when those same experts acknowledge that there is so much we don't yet know, but with what we DO know, are smart enough to be scared of how easily this is spread"

Is he scared because of his supposed expertise, or because he is 79?

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

On the MIS-C thing, now that the world is up to +16million people that officially tested positive for Covid at one stage

If MIS-C was due to the virus we would be seeing 10s of thousands of cases by now, spread evenly across the world, growing at least by a similar rate of the slowest growth of covid in some areas. Places such as India and Sth Africa, it would be all over their news.

But you can still count cases of that in the low hundreds, and confined to the northern hemisphere part of the Pacific rim

Which puts it in line with their original thesis that it is some as yet undetermined pathogen or toxin whose spread correlates with El Nino weather patterns on either side of the Pacific rim and that perhaps vitamin D deficiency and the lockdowns exacerbated that spread, not Sars-CoV-2

12. Varmint

Varmint Member

I'm gonna' keep going outside, enjoying the sun, and riding my bicycle whenever I can, pandemic be damned.
    In addition, if you can imagine your mask works, you should start imagining that I'm wearing one, too, regardless of what so-called "experts" say. They haven't been able to agree yet on anything without flip-flopping around it and making excuses.

I think I'll stock up on some meds now too, while I'm avoiding others at the local beach....

Mustard Tiger and Joyce Martino like this.
  13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

A South Korean study says over 9 years old, so Fauci just parrots that a week later, even though it's the only study of its kind so far

Dr. Fauci says kids over 9 years old can transmit the coronavirus as well as adults as some schools reopen

"A recently published study in South Korea indicated that although kids under the age of 9 were less likely than adults to transmit the virus to their families, teenagers were at least as likely to transmit the disease as adults"

Study is published 16th July, on the 23rd July Fauci plagiarizes it

14. Vladimir Illich

If a scientific study is valid, why wouldn't another scientist quote from it ??? - its done world-wide - but of course you're too dense to know that !!!

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

No actually, pretty much everyone else would have preceded it with "There was a study in South Korea last week that suggests..."

Not "It is known..."

This is where he is dangerous, some one in his position should know damn well one study doesn't mean shit.

16. Vladimir Illich

You don't half talk a load of crap !!!

17. Mustard Tiger likes this.