Dr Bronners

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by ThePoetSappho, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Who loves this stuff?!
    Changed how I clean and wash. Wish I switched a long time ago.
    I exclusively use Dr Bronners for my hair, body wash, face wash. I also use for washing clothes, dishes, etc.
    It's magical. Amazing. Chakra clensing.
    You don't know clean until you've used it. Other products just leave a film over you; that's why when you first use Dr Bronner's it feels so different. Literally squeaky clean.
    My favorite fragrance is lavender. My husband likes mint. Tea tree unfortunately smells like Pinesol imo. Rose is ok.

2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I used to use almost nothing but Peppermint Dr. Bronners--and for everything from washing my floors, myself, my dirty laundry. It really does make you feel squeaky clean.

I got sick of it though, so now I use other products, but still do buy it from time to time.

3. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I had a friend enthuse in much the same way you are... but I found looking at it online confusing and wanted to wait until I went to a real shop that sold it.
    (nearest one of those is ten miles away so I don't go often)

When you list all these different things you use it for, is it the exact same stuff, from the same bottle? Or is it different Dr Bronners for laundry and hair..?

4. I haven't seen it anywhere here.

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

It's all the same, Dr. Bronner's is just a very simple, basic castille soap. When you use it for cleaning purposes you just dilute it. I think the bottles usually come with diluting instructions for various purposes.

I dont really like it for my hair, it made it a dry tangly mess the one time I used it as a shampoo. But I like it for all other purposes

Driftrue likes this.
  6. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Excellent stuff, when the Dr was alive he marketed a thing I really loved, but the recipe died with him... it was Dr Bronner's Liquid for using as a seasoning, beverage and health tonic. Similar to soy sauce it was filled with the right aminos for your system and such. Also delicious.

The only thing on the market that comes close to that is Bragg's Amino liquid... Bragg and Bronner were contemporaries and somewhat healthy rivals in their time. Alon with a Dr Christopher...

And that was the hippy scene out of LA back in the 50s thru 70s... So Cal... and sadly gone replaced with materialism instead of health. Anyone remember Nature Boy?

7. Driftwood Gypsy

I've heard the grandson does a lot of marijuana and LSD activism so that's cool

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i've heard of it on HF, but i'm not sure where one goes to purchase such a thing?

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Dr. Boners

10. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I love the idea of it but didn't like how my hair felt but it did give my boys a little thrill

11. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

The only place around here that stocks it is called "The Natural Store". You go to that kind of place.

12. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Whole Foods, any natural foods store, my local major supermarket has it, too. Amazon.

13. Driftwood Gypsy

They sell it directly from their website too, along with a lot of other cool products and things. All different scents too. I bought a tiedye from them.