Down with the U.N!!!!

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Niraj Aryal, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Niraj Aryal

Niraj Aryal Banned

Balbus you seem to be like many amount of people here who just complain about everything and point out how everyone has failed. My father told me that in life you will either be part of the solution or part of the problem. I believe you are part of the problem. When somebody like Bush comes along and tries to solve a major problem(for us not you) all you can say is how he did not do it well enough. Sure Iraq could be in better condition but that is more the fault of terrorists and the rest of the world than it is America and Bush. You cannot deny that and if you do you are a liar.You spin everything out of context to support your anti american claims and all you do is take away the validity of your statements. I do not know much about world politics or claim to but I know what is going on here and what America has done for my family friends and me which is why I cannot swallow so much of these mistruths.

2. Maverick

Maverick Banned

Thumbs up to you man.

3. Polka Dots and Strip

Polka Dots and Strip Member

The construction of the UN has condemed it, the security council dominated by the worlds main powers and France means that the UN cannot actually do anything without the consent of the 'big five'. This is what has caused the consistent failure of the UN to intervene when necessary such as in Rewanda to prevent the 1996 genocide and because of the reluctance of the US, UK and China (The only security council memebers with real military power) to put their troops under the command of the UN so when the US does intervene as in Bosnia it is fored to use third rate troops who cannot enfore the UN's will.

Restructure the UN, not destroy it!

4. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Niraj

I do not know much about world politics or claim to but I know what is going on here and what America has done for my family friends and me which is why I cannot swallow so much of these mistruths

Well I praise your honesty that you have very little knowledge of the context into which to put your purely personal experiences. Which means your therefore admit that you really know little of the subject on which you wish to comment, lessening greatly there importance even relevance. But I would say that you could with only a small amount of effort change that by studying.

A couple of pointers as a friendly gesture first don’t be so parochial in your viewpoint and before making a comment check to see if your belief fits with that wider evidence.

**Balbus you seem to be like many amount of people here who just complain about everything and point out how everyone has failed. My father told me that in life you will either be part of the solution or part of the problem. I believe you are part of the problem

We both have wise parents I have been given the same advice but mine added the line "but always make sure you understand what the problem is"

I person goes to a doctor complaining of a stomach ache the doctor makes no examination but rushes the person to hospital and immediately into surgery. After rummaging around they find the problem was trapped wind that could have been dealt with by a simple pill. Both methods would have been the solution to the problem but one took up more time and money and caused more pain and danger to the patient than the other. If the doctor had examined the problem first his solution may have been better.

As you admit you are unlikely to have much of a clue of what the problems might be which means that you are unlikely to know if the solution was the best one to take.

In this case the Bush admins conduct in Iraq they have messed up on many occasions when they didn’t need to and where there was plenty of advise warning of the consequences.

Sure Iraq could be in better condition but that is more the fault of terrorists and the rest of the world than it is America and Bush.

You cannot deny that and if you do you are a liar.

Why is it the fault of ‘terrorists’ and ‘the rest of the world’? You may have to do some study to answer the question but I think you will find it worth it.

You spin everything out of context to support your anti american claims and all you do is take away the validity of your statements.
    I think Americans are mostly warn, generous and considerate people I like a lot of them, however I do believe that many are very ill informed about the system they live under and the history of their country. And you would be surprised just how much of that ignorance turns up here. Part of the blame (but not all of it) i put firmly at the door of a succession of US governments. You call my view spin but you have admitted that your own ignorance means you really are not in a position to actually know.

5. Herbert

Herbert Member

When someone outside the U.S. says "we hate America", people start talking about "world opinion" and how the world hates AMerica. But when someone outside the U.S. says "America is doing a good job" the reaction is "Yeah, well, but you don´t live here so what do you know".

Interesting.:confused: