doubts about college

Discussion in 'Ask The Old Hippies' started by brega, Mar 8, 2008.

1. brega

brega Member

Hey, i'm soon ending my highschool years and wanted some advice and thoughts about college. First of all for you're expiriences, would you have rather study in the USA or a foreing country. I have no idea what i whant to study but i will be something bettween art(music) and science(no medic, no lawyer), at least for now. Unfourtenetly in todays world theirs no other option than to go to college. The reason i think that i have toruble deciding is thought of what i'm gonna do after i finish college. It's risky to be a fulltime musician(witch i'd love) than to be biologist or something. What are you're regrets in the decisions you've made about college?

thx

2. hippymuso

hippymuso Member

Hi Brega

that's a tough one for me man, I left high school on my 15th birthday as my birthday present to me.

I am also a musician, but have only begun to make a little money out of it in the last 10 years (I'm 50).

Its a hard road. Even so I've always had a back up career, (looking after the elderly).
    Never thought the two would go together, but now I'm a music therapist singing and playing and teaching the elderly.

Because it worked for me doesn't mean it will work for you. Before you make any decisions I think you should talk to some more musicians,

I am in a group called Musicians United Resources, they are excellent for advice.

Talk to lots of people Brega, get a wide range of opinions, then make your decision.

love peace GAIA