Dose? Shrooms + MAOI

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by TreePhiend, May 14, 2004.

1. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

What is good dose of syrian rue for about 1.5 g of dried cubes? I don't have much shrooms and I simply want to potenate them to get a decent trip out of them. I don't want a heavy MAOI trip with some mushrooms on the side, if you know what I'm saying... So, what dose would you recomend?

2. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

what MAOI are you using? i have heard harmala (the most popular ive heard) is actually being proven to cause changes in DNA. needless to say this is a HUGE DEAL. check cognitiveliberty.com for the article.

3. berebebo

berebebo Member

Last time I took mushi I drank a tea with 3 grams Peganum..I think with 1.5g of mushrooms you have to eat more peganum..

4. sag aloo

sag aloo Member

most peple need 3-5g pegharmaline (ground or tea or whatevers) seeds on empty tummy

1hr later take shrooms - u need 1/2 what u normally take & they trip is still much cooler! so 3g is more like 6g with more psychedelic effects

5. sag aloo

sag aloo Member

Caffiene causes DNA changes so does the common cold

6. SpringSnow

SpringSnow Member

1.5 gr.?? Will that make you trip? Must be pretty strong shrooms! :)

Last week I had about 25 gr. of FRESH cubensis with a table spoon of syrian rue seed (made into tea).

I think it's not really worth it: the visual effects of the peganum harmala ruin those of the mushroom. I mean, syrian rue, really, really fucks your vision up!

Anyway, I'd say 1 tablespoon is (more) than enough for MAO-inhibition. Above that it gets nasty (syrian rue is not exactly a healthy foodstuff...)
    Take care!

7. sag aloo

sag aloo Member

no evidence that it is unhealthy - did u take it anhour b4 - this is the first time I've heard a not positive responce to this mix. perhaps u just didn't hav a good trip
    i hope other report on this mix here

8. sag aloo

sag aloo Member

1.5g cubes is prety small but migh b worth while with rue

9. SpringSnow

SpringSnow Member

No, I didn't have a bad trip- I just think shrooms on their own are so much better. MAO-inhibitors are only worth taking to activate tryptamines, I think.

And yes, I believe peganum harmala is dangerous and unhealthy. It's not a big deal, given the fact that you're not going to eat it all the time, unless you're a complete freak. Though it is certainly not a good substance to use reguarly, unlike shrooms (check Erowid for more info on syrian rue and health).