Door Dash

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by RainyDayHype, Jun 13, 2018.

1. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Anyone deliver for or use any of the apps like door dash? Any fun or funny stories? I just started delivering. I do it occasionally. I made almost $80 the other week just for a few deliveries.

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

never heard of it. i assumed you were talking about ringing someone's doorbell and then running away before they can answer it.

Eric! likes this.
  3. RainyDayHype

That's ding dong ditch

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

that sounds like lorena bobbitt.

Aerianne and RainyDayHype like this.
  5. deleted

deleted Visitor

i was going to deliver stuff for one company- I think its the one you mention, but I kinda changed my mind for now.

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i worked a delivery job in high school and college...and i hated it when i saw older folks doing it because its a good way for kids and students to make extra cash

it bothered me to see retired folks and people who didnt actually need the cash taking the jobs that were perfect for kids with no experience in anything else

so no...i dont use them and i would prefer to make money with my trade skills instead of taking a job from some youngster who really needs it

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I bought a van for a friend once and then I owned it and he worked for me as a courier lol. So we used to deliver things together. Was fun but he threw it in after not long. I sold him the van.

8. RainyDayHype

I'm (semi) broke.
    And most of the people I've delivered to are 'kids' in college towns that are too lazy or too busy studying to go pick up food. And too privileged or busy to bother with a job,let alone a delivery job. I delivered just four piece chicken nugget to a chick at the college's then one single coffee to another.. Door dash is like Uber and Uber eats. Anyone can deliver food.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

don't worry too much about it, last time i worked in pizza delivery i was trying to cut my hours back and i couldn't because they were trying to hire more people and literally nobody would even apply.

10. RainyDayHype

It's been such a fucking awkward experience. Kind of love it. Also kinda hate it. Esp when people order extra Ranch.......

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

yeah i kind of noticed lately that kids are different than when i was a kid

we used to count the days to 16 so we could get a learners permit on our birthday and get that drivers licence as soon as possible...i even had a car all fixed and ready for me for a year before

nowadays kids dont seem to want to drive...i have 2 nephews around 20 with zero interest in driving ...and yet my nieces who are younger both drive and own really decent cars

12. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Kids don't seem to want a job either. We're on a hiring spree where I work and the younger people we've tried are almost without exception horrible. This one kid, on his first day on the job, wore a t-shirt that said 'don't rush me, I'm lazy'. A couple other kids were calling in sick their first week. On the other hand we've hired several older people who were laid off from the Remington plant and they work out just fine.

SpacemanSpiff likes this.
  13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I guess we're official old folks now...complaining about the new generation

tumbling.dice likes this.
  14. RainyDayHype

I'm gonna set that as my new status..
    " Don't rush me, I'm lazy."
    Lol..

tumbling.dice likes this.
  15. RainyDayHype

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i thought that was just local to this area, because i never noticed it until i moved here. i guess it's good that it's not just the local idiots who don't want to be able to drive, there's already enough wrong with this area.

although here it is a little different, the teen boys usually do get their licence, but the girls all wait until at least after high school for some reason.

i complain about all generations. a majority of the old people i've worked with are pretty useless too.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I order grocery delivery once a week and also use a delivery service for food a couple of times a month and they're all adults, i havent seen a teenager or even a college age delivery person yet

And I was thinking they probably do fairly well. I saw a hiring ad for the grocery delivery service and it said they start at $10 an hour but they also get tips....i usually tip like 6 or 7 dollars and they're quite efficient, they get my groceries to me within an hour so thats 16 or 17 bucks an hour which seems pretty good for that type of work.

I've debated quitting my job and applying to work for one of those dog walking apps. I like dogs. I like walking. Seems like a good fit. I wonder how much they make.