Doobies and Driving

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Pokerguy, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Pokerguy

Pokerguy Member

...true, but a long time ago....

A friend and I just punched out of work from Gino's and we're heading down the Jersey shore. He lights a fatty up...some really pungent shit... and we're working it for a good 15 minutes, then put it out.

Then the rotors light up right behind us.
    A big ole middle aged cop with a belly to match . He looked more like a Georgia or Bama sheriff, then one of NJ's finest.

He walks up the car, and we're shitting our pants.

He leans in. Looks my friend up and down for what seemed like 10 minutes (it was about 5 seconds).

"Fella's....any particular reason this vehicle smells like...marijuana?"

We look at each other. My friend then looks at the cop and sheepishly says "no."

The cop grimaces while nodding his head. Long pause. "You boys smoke marijuana?"

"no"

Longer pause. "You boys looking to sell marijuana?"

"uhm...no"

He pulls back from the window...looks left....looks right...lens back in real close
    "You boys looking to BUY any marijuana??"

We just stare straight forward shitting our pants. Dead silence.

He walks off laughing his ass off. Get's in his cruiser and leaves.

After about another 15 seconds of silence, we just busted-up laughing like I've never laughed before or since.

2. puggybear

puggybear stars may twinkle-but I shine!

........thus proving fresh doughnuts can be smelled even over the aroma of a fattie....

3. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

I light up and smoke a hit before I drive. Love it love it love it. Something about driving while high is the best !! I always wonder how much trouble I would get in if pulled over by a cop. Its one thing being under the influence but I also have a 1/2 ounce or so.....I think. Not sure.....

4. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Here in SC, according to how much you have (under an oz), you would be charged with simple possession, which is a misdemeanor. However, having a simple possession is a BUTT LOAD of trouble that will stop you from getting LOTS of jobs here in this state. I know.

You are also fined.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't smoke and drive. The last thing the community needs is that shit to happen. There's families driving all through the alps and all. I think it's a bad move to do it. I guess I like to show a little respect to others on the road.

6. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I enjoy driving high. I don't see it as any sign of disrespect. The only negative I've experienced is often missing my turn/exit and having to turn around. But I'm also not driving around in the Alps.

7. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

my friend got stopped at a ride program a couple of weeks ago (it's a random checkpoint looking for drunk drivers that tend to pop up more around long weekends - this happened on the canada day long weekend) because he was smoking a joint as he pulled up. they ditched the joint before they got up to the cops, but they had no way to turn around or to avoid the check. of course the cop smelt weed and made them get out of the car (it doesn't help that my buddy has long hair, arms covered in tattoos, and has a grateful dead sticker on the back of his car).

cop searched and searched for weed in the car but couldn't find any. finally my buddy just told him where it was, because there was only one joint and he knew that the guy would find it anyway. cop ended up just saying something like 'it's your lucky day, get out of here and smarten up next time' and crushed the joint into the ground with his foot.

pretty lucky, i guess, but i had always heard that the smell of marijuana in a care is not considered probable cause for a search in ontario? doesn't matter anyway, because my buddy consented to the search... but he only did so because he assumed that he didn't have a choice since it was so obvious he had just been smoking weed.

actually, thinking back, he got extremely lucky because for the few weeks after that he was selling his house and didn't want any weed in the house (people left a viewing because they could smell weed in a bag in a cupboard lol) and wanted to have it with him, so he was carrying around a bag with an ounce of weed, grinder, papers, pipe, etc... very lucky he didn't have that in the car when he got pulled over.

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I have the same feeling. I think it must be much less crowded or they must have bigger roads over there in the U.S (i understand it pretty much depends on the area, same as in Europe. Lots of places and times of the day you can actually drive after toking up). Although I know enough people here in the netherlands who drive stoned I personally feel it is irresponsible. You can risk your life all you want but there's just too many people on the road expecting others to at least stay sober behind the wheel. You can't risk their safety because of what you think you must be able to do. It is forbidden here just like it should be.

9. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

^ That is exactly right. Around here even the 2 lane rural roads are quite wide...well, wide enough for a large car or truck to easily drive.

Even before I quit smoking and driving I would NEVER, EVER have driven (high) on a mountainous road, much less in the alps. :eek: Driving on roads like that would scare the bejeebus out of me, even straight.

A study done by a university fairly recently on the effects of driving and smoking marijuana revealed a person is indeed able to drive safely, if slowly...but then the study was not done on mountainous, alpine roads.

10. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

I kind of feel like it makes me a better driver.

11. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

weed does make me a slower, more cautious, I end up driving like an old lady.. except I still know how to stay in my lane and not cut people off. I get pulled over high all the time, and nothing comes of it. I don't smoke IN the car, or smell of it, or get all clusterfucked like a lightweight either. I could smoke any amount and get in a car and be safer than most of these assholes around here.. Ohio drivers really are stupid as shit, treating our roads like fucking thunderdome and shit. Everyone here that drives stupid cavaliers and civics and avalons seem to red-line their cars every fucking time they take off.

12. KevinH

KevinH Just Floating Here

13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I got pulled over on the way to a festival once riding dirty. Cop said I had no front license plate, but in all my years of driving this is only time this has happened. It was an excuse to pull me over considering where I was headed. I don't even have any place to mount a plate on my bumper it is worth the fine for my car to look good.

We had just smoked a joint, but we put the window down when we were done. I guess it worked because the cop didn't say anything. He kept asking who we were meeting at the show. In addition to weed, we had some molly. So as soon as the cop goes back to his car, we all eat it. The cops takes forever and does not even write us a ticket. So by the time he get back to my car I am starting to come up. By the time I find parking it is full blown. So in the end it was great timing I suppose.

14. wetsocks

wetsocks there's no one driving

nah, it just makes it more interesting. and you don't want interesting when you're driving, you want boring and predictable, considering you're doing what you are most probable to die from (or kill) . people who like to get wasted and then get in a car might say the exact same thing. you can try to justify it to yourself, but anything that distracts you in the slightest makes you more hazardous on the road.

15. falconer

falconer Member

If anything i drive too slow and stop at green lights. No one is in any danger with me burn cruising. Maybe a little late... but not in danger. ;)

16. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

^
    What is the difference between a drunk driver and a stoned driver?

The drunk driver runs the stop sign, the stoned driver waits for it to turn green.

17. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

A dooby was always required at the beginning of a road-trip... Several more later on if it was a long road-trip.

18. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

Actually laughed out loud sitting infront of the monitor at this!!!! Can seriously relate with some of the drivers here around Atlanta.

I have driven stoned/while smoking many times. As long as one is a cautious and careful driver anyway, there should be NO problems. In fact I LOVE driving around listening to my favorite music at high volume while smoking a joint. There are places/roads where people should not smoke, and others where it is a lot safer to.

The roads here in Georgia are almost all pretty big, I could not imagine driving and smoking on some of the small roads i have driven along in the UK and europe though.

19. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdDOGdtIELE"]Asher Roth - Blunt Cruisin - YouTube

20. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Yup :)

One of my Ex's was paranoid about smoking in her car, so every road trip she would make a bag of edibles.