Don't you Hate it When...

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by -Stevey-, Feb 17, 2009.

1. -Stevey-

-Stevey- Member

..girls call you with absoulutely NOTHING to talk about leaving you to come up with stupid shit to say?! Like they call you up and you're like whats up then they are like oh nothing then you have to keep talking to rid yourself of that uncomfortable silence, like you could say nothing for 2 whole minutes and they'd still be there oblivious that they are boring you to death. Then you finally get off the phone and then 20 minuts later, guesse you calls you? Man they just don't know when to quit, you tell them you don't want to talk to them cause you;ve got a million more important/meaningfull things to do(Like plucking all your nose hairsg). :hurray:

God give me the patience and wisdom I need to deal with this shit and still get laid! Give me strengh oh mighty baby Jesus with your beautiful blue eyes sitting there in a pile of hay in bethlehem beneath the stars laughing your little baby laugh! I'll play my drum for thee par rup a pum pum ra pa pum pum rappa pum pum. :willy_nilly:

No seriously how to I deal with this without makeing her either sad and dejected or filled with fury and a taste for vengence?

PS I am NOT an asshole :nopity:

2. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i totally understand. no, you're not an asshole. you're really funny, though.

anyway, pretend you're ill.

3. -Stevey-

-Stevey- Member

Oh god its happening now, if only i was still alcoholic

4. Chunky Charcoal

Chunky Charcoal Member

i concur :sifone:

5. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

you make me laaaaaugh =D

i personally am a woman who hates making phone calls, therefore i think im not part of this problem.

6. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You'll learn to deal with it as fast as she learns the futility of expecting a guy to talk about his feelings, or "our feelings", or "their feelings". That's an indirect way to say that it'll get better, it won't go away.

"How 'bout them Yankees" is one way to avoid the awkward silence. Or at least put the ball back in her court.

7. Xac

Xac Visitor

I wish girls would still call me :(

Man i need to socialize more.

8. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

ha, when my girlfriend and I are on the phone I was come up with random bullshit to talk about although I don't complain as long as I get to talk to her? Wow, I'm lame :p Neither of us are phone-persons lol, just HATE it, but I always find something to talk about with her. If a girl calls me (and we're just friends) I just start with whats up and end it 5 minutes later with a "I'm busy cleaning/homework" or some bullshit like that. If they call to listen to air, I'll hang up and let em listen to air...ALONE.

9. mamaKCita

i prefer to text my husband. i don't like talking out loud. this bothers dave because he never can get a hold of me or talk to me. it's a major chore for me to get on the phone.

10. -Stevey-

-Stevey- Member

Msn is awesome man.

11. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

Was she calling you for no reason when you made this thread?

12. mamaKCita

well, he was getting a little crazy there. i'm assuming so. i know it would drive me nuts.

13. -Stevey-

-Stevey- Member

Don't get me wrong I don't mind talking on the phone, it woulnd't be so bad if she was calling me and telling me about what was going on with her. If that was the case I could just agree and ask the right questions and say things like "really?" or "OMG she NEVER!" but it isn't even like that. It's like I talk until I run out of things to say, she dosen't even add much input it's like a one sided conversation. The other night I wasn't even talking to her I was just on the phone not saying a word on hipforums for like 20 minutes, and get this she wasn't talking either! What does she wan't to listen to me breathing or something?:svengo: Then I'm like I gotta go and she's like "Why?" then if I don't have a good enough reason she gets mad at me. Anyway nothing is free I guesse, you have give to get so I should't be complaining, I just don't understand it...

14. Xac

Xac Visitor

Sounds like she digs you.

15. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

Maybe a little too much...

16. TheWhoRocks

TheWhoRocks Member

simply tell her you don't mean to hurt her but you'd rather not talk on the phone so much.
    if she doesn't like that then you were not meant for each other.

you'll fine someone you don't mind talking to all the time or fine someone you don't have to talk to anytime.

good luck

17. AlexianLibertarian

AlexianLibertarian Member

:chillpill:

I've been through the same; but, difference is, I loved to hear her voice anyway, and hear her laugh and stuff; so it was worth the effort to me.

18. NightRose

NightRose idiosynractic rose

When I'm on the phone to someone who's boring the shite out of me, I like to get either my mum or to yell at me or slam something so I can hastily tell the person "oh shit! I better go..."

They cant argue with that.

19. jmt

jmt Ezekiel 25:17

lol have experience with this.....:)

20. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

you must master the art of continuous senseless talking young padawon.