dont understand politics..wanna know whats going on in our world

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brightness_08, Apr 19, 2013.

1. ThisIsWhyYoureWrong

ThisIsWhyYoureWrong Member

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I know I'm a little late to this thread but I would just tell you to just start reading and read lots of different stuff...and the more you read the more clear things will become in your head.

(or just remember this-"Politics in nutshell:

The art of taking money from the few and votes from the many under the pretext of protecting the one from the other.")

3. lode

lode Banned

The worlds in rough shape.

Much of the world is engulfed in constant warfare and in some cases it's directly caused by the US, much of the rest of the European nations have hard times finding jobs because we've created a world where robots do much of the laborous work, and we're warming the earth by several degrees which is already causing a mass extinction, and to remedy that...

They fight about nonsense in public while dividing what's left of the world behind the scenes. The thing I'd keep in mind is that anyone who thinks they should be in charge shouldn't be.

4. ScrubPuppy

ScrubPuppy Member

I'm curious, Brightness: What do you think is wrong with the world and how would you change it?

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

John Locke- Two Treatises of Government
    Thomas Paine- Common Sense

There's places to start at for democracy.

Karl Marx- The Communist Manifesto

Place to start for communism

To be honest, I havent read any of those in full, only some exercepts but have learned about those writings in school. All those works are considered extremely influential, I don't find strictly political books interesting but some of these mentioned have philosophical and ethical implications as well, which may help provide a better understanding for you when it comes to the political (or should I rephrase that as intended political) implications of these works.