Don't Keep Guns In Cars

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Motion, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

The computer you're using wasn't invented back then either, yet the 1st amendment still applies.

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Seriously, should we re-analyze the Second?

I'm not in total disagreement.

There are mass-shootings that gain less attention each and every time they grace the news... I know my local paper doesn't put that on its front page unless it happened around the block.

I think though that while it may be easy to become apathetic to this phenomenon, we could just as easily take a proactive stance.

@Maccabee, your long standing position has been that there's nothing wrong. But this continues to be a problem. As an aside, I wonder how you'd fix it if not by adjusting the law that allows for the average man to afford his own protection.

To bring this full circle to the topic at hand, I would say this: Stolen guns are problematic; particularly if they are used in a crime and not just pawned. I believe in safety; that much is very true! But I think perhaps simply locking your car with a gun on its rack isn't enough. So in lieu of adjustments to our constitutional structure, I would implore those who do have a gun in the car to take the gun and put it in the gun safe.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

The 2nd Amendment's sole purpose; "to maintain a well-regulated militia", was relevant when the country had no standing army, was a confederation of states, and the capitol less than a day's march from the largest and richest colony at the time.
    Now, the United States has a military budget larger than the next ten largest military powers combined, and polices an empire that spans the globe. According to the Constitution, the stated purpose of the 2nd Amendment has been a moot point for over 100 years.
    In the last 50 years, more Americans have died from domestic gunfire than in all of the wars in American history combined. It's either disingenuous or idiotic to try and rationalize that obscenity based upon a pointless legislative fossil that should have been repealed when buggy whips and high-button shoes went out of fashion.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    Tyrsonswood likes this.
  4. Maccabee

Recently I've developed two stances on this issue:

1. In a perfect world, there are very little gun laws.

2. In reality, I'm willing to settle for things like universal background checks and even mental health clearance in exchange for no so called assault weapons ban and the implementation of a federal CCW permit.

Or at the very least, keep your guns out of sight. As I said earlier I'm planning on getting a gun safe for my vehicle in case I can't carry it while I'm out.

soulcompromise likes this.
  5. Maccabee

However, it has been ruled that the 2nd amendment is an individual right separate from any ties to a militia. Therefore, my comparison still stands.

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

SCOTUS also authored Dred Scott v. Sandford, Citizens United v. FEC, and Shelby County v. Holder. Rulings don't make it right.

7. sherman march

sherman march Members

a hammer is neither good nor bad on its own. it is a tool. guns are neither good nor bad on their own. any goodness or badness we attribute to them depends on how a human uses them. a human can use a hammer to kill someone. does that make hammers bad? if guns are inherently bad do we disarm all police and military? freedom of choice means freedom to choose to own a gun or to not own a gun. I think most people would prefer to live in a country where they have that choice instead of a country where the government makes that choice for them.

8. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

And that’s exactly why I’m wondering what she needs it for. There’s people around here that wear one on their hip, open carry, mainly for posturing. “Oh, you don’t want to mess with me, I’m prepared “, LOL. Prepared to get their ass whooped, maybe. But if she wants to carry one because her life has been threatened or hangs out with shady people , so be it.

9. HrnyPssy

HrnyPssy Newbie

sorry wtf how would u use guns for sport? 'lets all have fun shooting shit and see who can get the trophy'. im from the uk and we dont walk around with guns. guess what were fine.

10. HrnyPssy

HrnyPssy Newbie

most people with gun injuries are shot with their own guns :]

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

That's pretty much how it goes... But you left out the "Here, hold my beer" part

12. HrnyPssy

HrnyPssy Newbie

thats a good point.... wait. does that mean people are shooting shit DRUNK?!

13. HrnyPssy

HrnyPssy Newbie

GOOD IDEA ://

14. Tyrsonswood

Yes...

15. TheDebator

TheDebator Members

hey im 'hrnypssy' i accidentally logged out and forgot my password

16. TheDebator

TheDebator Members

yknow thats kinda alarming

17. TheDebator

TheDebator Members

like bruhh evrwhere in america drunk people are wandering round with gune I-

18. Xyzobomb

Xyzobomb Members

I'm from the UK to. I'm not a lover of guns being held by the general public. I also understand that even though I don't like or agree with it getting guns off the streets in America is virtually impossible.
    As for sport. You can shoot for sport. Clay pigeon shooting and target shooting at gun clubs/ Rifle ranges. These are legal and not a bunch of people running around drunk firing guns.
    We do have gun crime in the UK. No where near the same as American but we are not ok as you put it. We still have innocent people getting shot and killed.

19. Tyrsonswood

You haven't been to rural central Ohio, have you?

20. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

The problem with gun worship in the States is the idolizing of movies where the hero solved a problem by using a gun. Think John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, etc.

TheDebator likes this.