Don't Keep Guns In Cars

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Motion, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Motion

Motion Senior Member

Something to think about for any gun owners who keep guns in their cars and trucks.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  2. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Members

This is absolutely one reason why I've *never* put any sort of stickers regarding guns, hunting, political affiliation, military veteran status...there is *nothing* visible on or in my vehicle that hints at any of my interests, or affiliations. I try to keep my vehicle as nondescript as possible.

It pays not to advertise.

Eric!, 16swan, wooleeheron and 7 others like this.
  3. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

I keep mine in my pocket, a lot more to go through than a window.
    I <3 Arizona.

4. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Members

I generally carry mine in a SOB holster, though occasionally an OWB hip holster, around 3:30. But, every once in awhile (Post Office, VA hospital, other "prohibited" places)...ya might end up securing the gun in your vehicle. Mine gets locked up, but still...no need to tempt disaster with unnecessary stickers, and such.

I love AZ too...but I'm looking to leave. Gun laws are great, but Phoenix is too crowded, and after 25+ years...the high temps are killing me.

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  5. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Yep, I get Chicago flashbacks anytime I have to drive up that way.
    However there is no shortage of less densely populated spots to check out, some are even a bit cooler than others.

Oracle, Arizona - Wikipedia

6. Xyzobomb

Xyzobomb Members

How about don't carry any guns. Make guns illegal.

Si69, wilsjane, 16swan and 1 other person like this.
  7. lion1978

lion1978 The King

When you have to leave your gun in for instance a car why not remove the bolt or slide if it is a handgun, and keep them seperated until you are once again back with your guns.

In that case I'd say there is less risk of them getting stolen and even if it is stolen it's useless until the thief gets their hands on the missing part.

8. Xyzobomb

Xyzobomb Members

??????
    At what point and for what reason would you ever have to leave a gun in your car. Why are you carrying guns around in the first place .

Si69, Piobaire and 16swan like this.
  9. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Out in the sticks people commonly leave the keys in their pickup, because the odds of hitting a traffic jamb are zero, and they are frequently the only car on the road. In the middle of nowhere, you can do whatever the fuck you want, try it somewhere else, and you will live to regret your choices.

jimandjan likes this.
  10. 16swan

16swan Newbie

Wow that's a revolutionary idea..I think some people forget that the majority of guns are made to kill human beings

11. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Guns will soon be irrelevant, and go the way of the Dodo bird for the most part. Nobody needs a spear anymore either, at least, not where I live.

12. lion1978

lion1978 The King

First of all I don't carry a gun, but I do know that there are places/buildings in hte U.S were you are not allowed to carry a gun, and for those americans who does carry, they would at the point were they would have to enter such a building, have to leave their gun in their car, my suggestion was to ardresse how it can be done in the most safe way, for them to prevent thir gun from being stolen.

13. Xyzobomb

Xyzobomb Members

The safest way to stop a gun being stolen is to not have one.
    If you have to own a gun ???????? Then.
    If places stop you entering with a
    gun leave it locked up securely at home. I'm sure you could go an short amount or time without having a gun with you.

No guns = no gun crimes = no gun deaths . It really is quite simple

14. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

We started that revolution in the UK, but these days it is the thought of 14 years behind bars that puts people off carrying guns.
    Except in cases where shots are already being fired, even our few police who carry guns need to get authority from their inspector before they use them.

Xyzobomb likes this.
  15. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

In the UK society it is totally different.
    Police know the bad guys, so the problem is catching them at work. As a result, being stopped searched and their homes raided every few month goes with the territory.
    The moment that they started carrying guns, most of them would be behind bars before they committed their next crime.
    This balance seems to work.

Would you be afraid to visit the UK without your gun. I have chatted about this to countless American visitors and not one of them has said that they had any concern. They accept that they cannot carry a gun when our police are unarmed.

Everything becomes so much simpler.
    A recent documentary highlighted that the cost of Trumps security for a single day is more than our annual budget for protecting our entire royal family.
    People scorn when they watch events such as the changing of the Guard, but these are regular soldiers marching up and down the mall instead of a parade ground in Aldershot. The additional cost is peanuts.

16. Xyzobomb

Xyzobomb Members

I understand in the USA you have different gun laws and different gun culture.
    Whilst I would make guns illegal and remove them from the streets. In reality that is almost impossible to do.
    I understand the reasons to keep guns in your home even if I disagree.
    There is no reason to carry guns in your cars the way the original post suggests. I also don't understand why anyone would want or need an automatic or semi automatic gun.
    A pistol or maybe a rifle to protect yourselves and property but no more.
    The sooner the USA starts clamping down on guns the better and safer it will start becoming.

17. Xyzobomb

Xyzobomb Members

No bad guys don't follow the rules i agree.
    I said I understand getting rid of guns in usa is nearly impossible.
    If you carry a gun in your car unless its in your hand all the time by the time you get it out the 'bad guy' will have shot you anyway.
    It is shown very few people actually guns as self defense.
    I do understand how fully automatic and semi automatic guns work.
    You live in a rural area so I would understand you wanting guns for hunting and even protecting your home and family ( although how many riots do you have in rural areas )

It was the carrying of guns in cars that I was mainly talking about.

The types and size of guns in America and the easy way you can purchase them with little or no checks or regulations is crazy.

18. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

So... You have a lot of riots in rural Michigan, do you?

19. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

and wild hogs...

[​IMG]

SMMFH FFS...

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter