Donnie Darko?????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by 7leafclover, Jun 5, 2004.

1. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

i love this movie...a girl in my music theroy class always plays the song "mad world" from it, such a beautiful song...

2. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

i watched this a while ago then whent to the like you guys posted...what do you do when you get to the tangent screen? i can't figure it out...

3. RandomJunkie

RandomJunkie Member

This movie has so many ideas and messages, it's insane.

Views on the american culture, american politics, psychology, philosophy, death...Donnie Darko is simply full of life. And the directing...and the main actor...it's just a great little package we have here.

4. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

i've seen it. i thought it was pretty cood, but t tell the truth, i thought the bunny was horrifying! i was scared of it for weeks.

5. internetjunkie

internetjunkie Member

best movie ever!!

6. jack_helltoy

jack_helltoy Member

It was a movie I had to see more than once to really begin to fully understand.
    I got the DVD for $9 at HMV over Christmas. A very unusual movie to say the least.

People either like it or they don't, there doesn't seem to be any middle ground.
    If you don't like movies that force you to think, then you probably won't like Darko.

7. Ellis

Ellis Member

What a great film!
    I saw it today and I loved it!!

8. soolee

soolee Member

donnie darko is tha shit. i love that movie. it makes me feel shiny and new

9. soolee

soolee Member

i agree, the rabbit was scary. fuckin freaked me out man.

10. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

ya! oh man, and when it randomly popped up! or when it was in front of the guy! AH! i imagine the bunny in my mirror, looking back at me. horrible!

11. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

i have no idea... the site confuses me (not that difficult to do ) :)

12. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

i got it, i got to the end...i was slightly dissappointed, but it was still cool and worth it

13. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

i will give it another try sometime soon ....

14. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

I really liked the movie..

15. WonTon

WonTon Member

its so so good. the directors cut is out really soon here in the u.s. right?
    ah-sum

16. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

i have seen the movie 3-4 times and saw the director's cut at the dendy in brisbane (australia) acouple months back - it shed some light definitely....i would not want to see it first though because the movie alone and the thrill of not knowing is fantastic, but the light being shed was great...it shows extracts from the philosophy of time travel etc,....real good!

17. Lindiglo

Lindiglo Member

Am I the only person who wasn't confused by that movie the first time out? I completely understood it the first time I saw it, I was surprised to learn it caused so much confusion. I don't think this makes me special or anything, but I watch a lot of movies in that sort of style, so it just sort of clicked. I have to watch it again though because I barely remember it.

I also feel it's possible to dislike a movie you understand. Just because Darko is not understood by all does not mean that those who don't like it, don't get it. I hate the whole "Maybe you don't like it because you didn't understand it" thang. I liked the flick and understood it, I just don't like that attitude of, you couldn't possibly dislike it if you understood it thing. Yanno?

In the end it was a pretty good movie. Can't complain, I saw it for free.
    -Lindi

18. electrictwist

electrictwist Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i loved this movie, some other opinions are "this is the worst movie" maybe they just didn't get it!

19. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

How's that irony? I'm not challenging you, I'm just asking you to explain because I noticed it too but didn't think it was ironic.

20. Lotus Butterfly

Lotus Butterfly Member

This is probably one of my favorite movies. I did understand it although it did require a little extra thought. I know some people prefer some mindless form of entertainment but I really enjoy movies that make you think and that aren't your average everyday sort of flick. I don't want to fall into the elitist category of those who said that "if you don't like it, you probably don't understand it" and yet I fail to understand how anyone could think this movie is a "crock o shit". I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but come on people...this is a fuckin' great movie. So I'm really interested in knowing what, for those of you who didn't like it, you didn't like about it?