Donating Sperm

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by FreakerSoup, Mar 31, 2006.

1. FreakerSoup

FreakerSoup Stranger

Has anyone done this? I've been thinking about it. I don't really want to have kids, 'cause that's just contributing to overpopulation (yes, a little bit), but I figure people who need sperm donations are going to have a kid anyways, so I can put my DNA out there and get paid for it? Anyone experiences? Recommendations?

2. Night_Owl49

Night_Owl49 Since 2006

overpopulation in this country is a myth.

aynshe likes this.
  3. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

This is a frightening subject for some men.
    There is always the fear that at some future
    time, there may be a suprise at the door. I don't
    LIKE suprises! If you get a good clinic though
    your identity can be kept sealed.

4. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

I think there are better numerous ways to make money and help out with the overpopulation problems all in one hit.

5. FreakerSoup

FreakerSoup Stranger

Overpopulation isn't a myth, it just hasn't become a big problem yet. I don't want to contribute to it.

I'm not too worried about someone showing up at my door. I mean aside from DNA, which is a small part of what makes a person, I would have contributed nothing.

Aristartle: Such as? I'm not going into the army.

6. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

7. Aristartle

This may come as a shock, but if I was ever looking for a sperm donar, I'd definitely check out a gay sperm donation agency. I can't really explain why...

8. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

there must be a reason why...i'm just curious..

9. Aristartle

Because gay men are thoroughly screened for diseases??
    Because they typically have better hygene??
    Because they typically are above average looking???
    Because a gay sperm donor is interested in having children??

I can't really explain why.

10. spooner

spooner is done.

But it takes numerous years of training to become an abortionist.

11. spooner

spooner is done.

In developed nations the population is actually decreasing. This is going to increase even further as the baby-boomers age (their markedly more sedentary lives and unhealthy habits are expected to decrease the average life expectancy). This is all made up through immigration.

12. TheRealPamela

TheRealPamela Member

Even though I am more for adoption myself.. I don't see anythign wrong with being a sperm donor. If I could painlessly donate my eggs in 5 minutes and get paid for it, I can't say I wouldn't. :)

13. B0ngHitz420

B0ngHitz420 Member

i would say go for it! 50 bucks for beatin ur meat, thats my dream job.

14. SageDreamer

SageDreamer Senior Member

This might sound totally weird, but the idea that my stuff is going to make a baby for some unknown woman doesn't appeal to me. If I'm going to help biologically create a child, I want to help raise that child and get to know that child.

15. wideyed

wideyed Member

my friend and i tried it about 8 yrs ago. the nurse gave us a royally unfriendly welcome at the reception desk, (like she was disgusted with our presence), and then we ended up not bothering because the paperwork was pretty lengthy and we didnt have all the necessary ID on us (or some shit like that). A little while later the Alberta (or maybe even federal) government ruled that it was somehow sexist to pay men for sperm, and they cut out the cash incentive... so we missed our chance to spank for dollars.

That nurse did not care about customer service AT ALL.

16. StingingPistol

StingingPistol Member

Be aware of the fact you could have hundreds (maybe even thousands) of kids you don't even know, when you're donating sperm more often.
    If I were you, I'd try and find a different way of making money, but it's all up to you!

17. FreakerSoup

FreakerSoup Stranger

I wouldn't be having them, other people would. They'll get a kid with some top quality DNA, I'll get to ensure my competitiveness in the evolutionary market, and the money is just a nice bonus feature.

18. TheRealPamela

TheRealPamela Member

One thing I recently saw on the news, a bunch of kids (16-21?) all had the same father (sperm donor) and different mothers. They (all but 1) wanted to meet the guy just to see him. They did not want money or anything. I think you might consider this, and think of how you would feel never knowing where you come from. On the other hand, you could help a woman become a mother or a couple have a child they want but can't have.

I still think adoption is the best thing because there are so many kids w/o homes.

This is all your decision. Either way, good luck ;)

19. spooner

spooner is done.

In Canada at least, there is a shortage of healthy children for adoption. And a shortage of parents willing to adopt older children, FAS children, behavioural problem children etc.

20. spooner

spooner is done.

Doesn't the idea of anonymous fathers make you wonder how many people with unidentified dads have slept with their half-siblings?