Donald Trump wants to take some American soldiers from Germany.

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Bilby, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

Putin's treatment of his detractors, usually their disposal, is one of the reasons Trump adores him so.
    He admires dictators because he'd love to be one.
    He loves little Kim too, admitting that they "fell in love".
    Putin loves him back too
    He wants Trump to be reelected.
    He is so easy to manipulate.
    I always say that Trump wants to be a dictator... Problem is that he just can't seem to get the TATOR part right
    The first part he's mastered!

MeAgain likes this.
  2. Andy Schumer

Andy Schumer Members

I disagree Putin and Kim “love” dump ..... I mean, Trump. They love his support and ease of manipulation

3. Angelmama

(Me, aside):
    I know you're right but I'm willing to let him believe they love him back!

4. Andy Schumer

Andy Schumer Members

Yes same here, let him live in his delusions.

5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The sad thing to me, is that Trump was the first world leader to admit that the US economy is IRREVERSIBLY damaged as long as they continue importing goods from China at the current levels and sending them all the countries $ along a one way street
    However, the countries richest people have made billions by going along that path.

Just think about it. No factories to build, no raw materials, no energy costs, no staff to pay, no healthcare, no pension fund. Just add a few percent, then sit back and watch the money roll in.
    With all their gravy trains at threat, is it any wonder that the worlds richest people (I would call them parasites) want to derail Trump by any method they can dream up to discredit him.

If YOU think that I am wrong, please tell me how YOU would get the country back into production and rebuild Detroit from the ashes.

PS. Most of western Europe is in exactly the same situation.

6. Angelmama

Exactly as the last REAL president was doing it.
    One more way that President Obama was making America great again, but for real and not simply trying to drag us back to those days before Civil Rights.
    Obama by his Recovery Act stabilized the economy in crisis and laid a foundation for long term growth.
    He enheartened youth so that kids stayed in school. In 2008 only 75% graduated. He had that up to 83% by 2015.
    In 2008 the country was in the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. He was handling the situation and worked toward raising living conditions for the poor and middle class
    ..NOT the uber rich!
    Trump chose to halt the progress made and go in the opposite direction...
    SAD!

MeAgain likes this.
  7. Pobept73

Pobept73 Members

Military personnel have been moved out of Germany to other 'NATO' member countries for the last 25 or 30 years. There is not fewer military personnel in Europe, just fewer are stationed in Germany.

After 75 years it is time for Germany to provide for it's own defense and not relying on the United States to spend 10's of billions of dollars to defend Germany.

soulcompromise likes this.
  8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Well, the great war is over, and new diplomatic ties established, as you well know. I think it's perfectly acceptable for the United States to maintain a presence in the name of German security, but not to overstep.

And I see what you're saying. They haven't necessarily sent everyone home it would seem.

It's too bad there is not a Love Parade anymore. That was a good thing; though tragic the way it all ended.

The Love Parade came about in 1989 in Berlin. I believe it had to do with the wall, but I can't be sure. This is what Wiki says for what it's worth.

britanica-

9. Angelmama

Another day another holler.
    Forrest Trump: Biden can't draw flies.
    My response: You sure can, with all the bullshit YOU spew.
    He makes it too easy.
    Sometimes I do wish I was at the rally of the damned.
    I doubt that anyone would dare assault an old crippled lady in a wheelchair.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    Tyrsonswood likes this.
  10. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

That statement might be interpreted to mean that you think the discrediting of Trump is engineered by the world's richest people. Evidence? Unless this orange person we see on TV or encounter feverishly tweeting conspiracy theories is an impersonator, it seems Trump has done more to derail Trump than any gazillionaires you could name. Fortunately, we haven't seen the results of his trade wars, which worry economists and historians who remember the Smoot-Hawley tariff of 1929 and how it helped to bring about the Great Depression. Putting one's faith in a narcissistic, unprincipled wild man seems an unpromising way to solve any problem. His authoritarian tendencies seem increasingly apparent, and it would be a shame to trade democracy for fascism in the vain hope of reviving Detroit.

11. Angelmama

Amen indeed!
    Trump is most definitely his own worst enemy.

12. wilsjane

I agree that he Trump has made a poor effort during his term, but I still think that he posed a huge threat to the parasites who are making a huge profit by importing from China without providing a single job in the US (the same is happening all over western Europe). These people are the root cause of the increasing balance of payments deficit and China investing in US companies in order to destroy them.
    To the best of my knowledge, not a single domestic or street lamp bulb is manufactured in the US, with 100% imports from China.
    Let us all hope that your new leader does not just flow with the current tide while the entire industrial financial structure collapses.

Needless to say, Trumps handling of covid is a national disgrace. While nothing can be done about the virus and death figures make no sense, it is VITAL that healthy people who need immediate medical treatment in order to survive the pathogenic bacterial after affects of the virus have treatment available. In some areas, panic is preventing this from happening.

PS, just look for a "produce of China" in everything that you purchase and you will soon see for yourself. Some of the companies that I mentioned are household names who have simply slashed their workforce.
    The president needs to support companies and keep taxes low, but at the same time, it is vital that these companies return ALL this money to the US economy.
    I can name a few companies including Levi's, Schoot and almost all clothing and shoe manufacturers.

Tishomingo and Pobept73 like this.
  13. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Yeah, it's unfortunate that the politician who has come closest to addressing this problem is a world class demagogue with a penchant for authoritarianism.. We can only hope that a more balanced alternative comes along. The pattern you mention is actually a product of neo-liberal free trade ideology adopted by Reagan and endorsed by Clinton.Until Trump came along, it was a view shared by the Republican and Democrat establishments. Opposition to it comes not only from Trump's working class base but from Progressive Democrats. It's not clear how Biden will go, or how much influence he'll be able to wield without a majority in the Senate. His sentiments as a politician have long been with the working class. During the election campaign, Biden tried to outflank Trump on the issue, accusing the Donald of being weak on Beijing.Conflicting signals: Biden’s tough talk on China not reflected in record. Delaware Senator Chris Coons thinks it's unlikely Biden will quickly unravel Trump's China tariffs.

wilsjane likes this.
  14. wilsjane

Their is still hope for the US and as manufacturing returns Detroit may even rise from the ashes.
    PS, Am I the only person who sees this as so obvious and that manufacturing, rather than dollars will save America. Just look at what happened after WW2 if you have any doubts.

15. Angelmama

I think we'll be all right under Biden. He seems to have a heart and will, I believe, rule over us without trying to REIGN over us like a megalomaniac.
    But to be fair...Trump did give a bit of credit to China.
    According to him, the COVID19 virus was a gift from them; he even renamed it the China Virus.
    Much of the stuff he calls MY ACCOMPLISHES were set in motion by Obama, and Forrest Trump, although he endlessly railed about getting rid of the 'terrible' Obama care, replacing it with his own wonderful plan...well, there was no plan, was there.