Donald Ducks birthday

Discussion in 'Europe' started by wolf_at_door, Jun 4, 2004.

1. wolf_at_door

wolf_at_door Senior Member

Yesterday (june 4th) it was Donald Ducks birthday (70 years). It was also mine, actually, but I hope that fact won't result in any sarcastic replies! ;)

You know all the animated Donald Duck cartoons in the period of the 30's, 40's, and 50's.

Donald Duck apparently seems like a provincial psychopath in that era. He get high on terrorizing two inocent squirrels, three nephews, bees, and Mickey Mouses lazy dog.
    But in fact, I dont think he's really such a psychopath. He just doesn't owe control to surpress the dark side of his personality (that all people owe).

After Donald Duck has been terrorizing and torturing squirrels, and what else his sick brains are able to plan, the good side of Donald Duck always win, when he realize that his victim feel pain. Actually he cry like a little baby.

So I dont think Donald Duck is such a sick psycho, like people think he is. The character "Donald Duck" represents a person that ain't good, but not evil as well. He's just a provincial jackass, but does that make Donald Duck a demon?

Love and understanding,
    noose. :)

2. Flowerian

Flowerian Senior Member

I liked him very much when I was in the age to read comics, and I think I still like him :)

3. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Donald is great!! I love him :)

4. wolf_at_door

wolf_at_door Senior Member

Flowerian and Penny - I love him too! -And it's because he's so human (both good and evil... or none of it), that he's so easy to love! :)

Did Carl Barks actually invent Donald Duck, or did he just develop Walt Disneys ideas about the character?

love,

!\ ! /\ /\ (_’ (_’
    ! \! \/ \/ _ ) (_ ¤ ,_, ¤